• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GF Newbies/Vets Refresher Thread 2011

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
We had one of these threads a few years back (here), and the tradition was actually started at an old forum where DaStevez and I came from, and I think they're a great way to new and old members alike to get to know each other better.

These are just some basic questions, some of them borrowed from the old thread. Feel free to add anything else that you want to share about yourself.

Name:
Height:
Hair:
Eyes:
Sexual orientation:

General Forum member since:
What brought you here:
Explain your username:

Hobbies:

Goals in life:

The rant about yourself section:

Random fact about yourself:
Ready, get set, GO!

Name: I go by many names
Height: 6'2"
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue/green
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual

General Forum member since: 2004
What brought you here: I knew DaStevez and Hybrix for a while before they got me here. Several members of my old forum ended up joining here.
Explain your username: Echoes is my favorite Pink Floyd song.

Hobbies: Hiking, sports, video games, traveling, drinking good beer, dreaming, exploring.

Goals in life: Go to college, get married, have a kid or two, see the world, hike across the country, learn photography.

The rant about yourself section: Hmm, where to start. I'll just leave it at that. :lol:

Random fact about yourself: I enjoy growing a beard.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Name: Pea... Um... Tear.. Er, er.. GRIFFIN! Yeah, Peter Griffin!
Height: I don't know my exact height but I am very short. Maybe 5'3'' or something.
Hair: Why yes, thank you for noticing.
Eyes: I have two and they are a mixture of blue/grey/green
Sexual orientation: I like MEN!

General Forum member since: April 2008
What brought you here: I had trouble sleeping one night, Googled 'general forums' and the rest is history.
Explain your username: When I first joined it was 'MissBliss' which is the title of a song by Incubus - one of my favourite bands. After being here a while I decided the 'Miss' looked lame so Hybrix killed it for me.

Hobbies: I love watching films, sight seeing, online Poker (;)), reading, posting on GF... I don't really have any exciting hobbies.

Goals in life: I want to marry my boyfriend, become a counsellor, pop out a kid, visit America/Japan/Canada.. Just stepping out of Europe would be nice.

The rant about yourself section: no u

Random fact about yourself: My belly button is an innie AND an outie. I was born with a hernia so I'm left with a small scar and a fugly belly button.
------
Just to clarify, I don't have two belly buttons. It's sort of half and half lol.

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Name: I have a lot of nicknames, so just call me Idisrsly! :lol:
Height: 5'4"-ish
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green

General Forum member since: 2010
What brought you here: I got banned from my previous forum - 9 times. :lol: Long story, but it was parody forum. So I searched for a 'real" forum and found this place. Never looked back, and haven't even been banned once.
Explain your username: It explains itself really. I'm curious, a girl and from SA. Nothing exciting there to tell.

Hobbies: Scuba/deep-sea diving, socializing. I have gone through stages of playing guitar, but it's pathetic at best.

Goals in life: See the world. Meet my life partner. Settle down. Start a family. See some more of the world.

The rant about yourself section: I wish I wouldn't worry so much about everything and everyone.

Random fact about yourself: Apart from a watch, I wear three pieces of jewelry, only two of which are typically seen.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Name: Bizzy
Height: 5"6
Eyes: Brown
Sexual orientation: I like Women

Fusion Member since: 2006
GF Member since: Merge
What brought you here: Merge
Explain your username: Babe Ruth is my idol

Hobbies: Sports, hanging out with friends, girls, making people laugh, drinking, having a general good time

Goals in life: Get married, start a family

The rant about yourself section: I'm not perfect

Random fact about yourself: I don't like Soft Drinks

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Name: Smelnick/Smel or you can just call me Danny
Occupation: I cut fibreglass at a place called Carlson Industrial and Commercial Services Ltd.
Height: 6 ' 2 "
Eyes: Hazel
Sexual orientation: I like girls.

General Forum member since: 2008 in april
What brought you here: Me and Pretz were cruising the internet, hoping to pick up some hot megahots, when all of a sudden, after labouriously typing out 'General Forums' into the google search engine, we stumbled upon this place. It looked to be very active and so we registered up and created some welcome threads and here I am now.
Explain your username: My last name is Melnyk. In school, one of the other student's favourite things to do was call me 'Smell'nick instead because of the fact that my family was poor and so somehow they figured that because we were poor, that meant we didn't shower. Stupid kids haha. So I eventually just accepted the nickname, and made it my own. And so that's what I use on the internet now. Smelnick

Hobbies: Carpentry, Guitaring and Singing, writing lyrics, reading, video games, the internet

Goals in life: get back to having no debt. maybe go back to school eventually. I definitely want to be married and have at least 1 kid before I'm 30.

The rant about yourself section: I'm not sure what goes here. Do I talk about myself here?

Random fact about yourself: I can raise one eyebrow without the other, but I can't raise the other without the one.

Impact

V.I.P.
Name: Lauren, but if you can call me by my stripper name, whoren.
Gender: Female contrary to popular belief when I first joined
Height: Midget status
Eyes: Green

General Forum member since: 2008
What brought you here: My old forum had gone to shit, and I was bored at work. Funny how a google hit of "general forum" brings you straight here.
Explain your username: I have always failed with usernames. So, I was looking around my office for inspiration. Impact was a brand of stationary we used. At least it's more creative than...OfficeGirlNZ (lol idz) or ComputerMonitor or something.

Hobbies: Drawing, Cooking, Gaming, Drinking

Goals in life: I'm not sure but I know I don't want it to be conventional

The rant about yourself section:I need to stop letting procrastination rule my life.

Random fact about yourself: I will do almost anything for a free beer.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Name: ysabel (izzy, ysa, etc.)
Height: 5'3" when standing proud
Hair: long, black (sometimes with reddish highlights) and straight
Eyes: lovely
Sexual orientation: whatever suits your fantasy

General Forum member since: 2008
What brought you here: A Jeanie granted GF's wish for an awesome member
Explain your username: my daughter's middle name

Hobbies: online stuff, watching movies/tv shows/anime on my computer, reading minds

Goals in life: survive and live it well

The rant about yourself section: apparently I'm too nice

Random fact about yourself: Thinks the following are disgusting even if they're often someone's favorites - beer, coffee and cinnamon. :beurk:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Name: Dianna/Di/Jeanie/hooch
Height: 5'4"
Eyes: Brown
Sexual orientation: mostly straight

General Forum member since: 2007
What brought you here: I was a member of another forum that merged with GF. I was recruited there from a lame hockey forum
Explain your username: Jeanie is my bar name

Hobbies: Hiking, reading, studying

Goals in life: to become a nurse. Also, to keep my daughter out of reform/military school and us off the Maury Show when she's a teenager. Seriously, though, to raise her to live up to her full potential

The rant about yourself section: I'm still waiting for my real life to begin

Random fact about yourself: I have a sixth lumbar vertebra (most people only have 5)

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Name: KSF, but real people call me Brandon.
Height: ~ 6'
Hair: "Dirty" blonde
Eyes: Brown-ish
Sexual orientation: Straight

General Forum member since: April 2010
What brought you here: Google.
Explain your username: K = last initial, Spice = nickname (with K), Fantastic = what I am.

Hobbies: Video games, movies, sports, television, studying.

Goals in life: To get something out of it.

The rant about yourself section: I really don't care for people that say things but don't know enough about what they say.

Random fact about yourself: I like turtles.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Name: Dan
Height: 6'0"
Eyes: one
Sexual orientation: I like women, if that matters

General Forum member since: 2009
What brought you here: Jeanie and I got into an argument about politics on FACEbook and she invited me. (I won that argument, BTW :spin:)
Explain your username: I just got my first pistol when I joined, so I remembered the Clint Eastwood movie where he made a smilie face on a target and I thought that would be a fun avitar. Plus, I am a happy person.*

Hobbies: Hunting, fishing, boating, wilderness camping, canoeing, playing with my daughter

Goals in life: To be a good husband, son, and father. To provide for my family. To enjoy every day that I am blessed to walk the earth.*

The rant about yourself section: I come here to rant about politics, which is usually too divisive in RL.*

Random fact about yourself: I have only one eye due to an accident when I was 15, but I can see clearly what is going on.*

Last edited: