• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies GF Movie Review Club

Would you be interested?

• Total voters

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
First of all I wish to congratulate Impact on running the MRC for a long as she did, she kept it going and kept us interested but I would like to try it again, she has given me her blessing to try to start it again so I would like to try in the new year.

With Imps blessing I would like to try something a little different. I think part of the reason not everyone could contribute was either they couldn't get the films voted on or they didn't care about the film and as a result you may not wish to review it right away, this makes sense, it is fair enough but ultimately it does mean number dwindled.

So here is my proposal for a new club:

1. The review is done on a monthly basis, one movie one month unless you feel you wish to do more in a given month

2. The review of a film is not based on a voting system, no film is out of reach. you wish to review Au Revoir Les Enfants go for it, you feel you want to watch The Terminator, great, just make a review

Well that’s it, the reason I think both of these is it gives people more time and as you choose which film you want to watch you are more likely to review it and it gives a wider mix of films we could check out.

I am proposing we start this in January, if you are interested PM me or post in here and we will see what happens.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'd be down for this. I like having one movie a month. I'll definitely be able to find the movie, watch it & get a review up in that time.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
If we are choosing our own individual movies to review per month, I am completely and totally game. Easier than having one movie to watch in two weeks or so. :)

Taliesin

Registered Member
Sign me up, ginock. I like this approach.

Will there be any guidelines for movie reviews regarding length, etc? And will there be a rating system?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Sign me up, ginock. I like this approach.

Will there be any guidelines for movie reviews regarding length, etc? And will there be a rating system?
I don't wish to put major rules in place etc, I want it to be fun so with regards to length you don't need to have a specific review as such, it more comes down to if you like the film talk about it as much as you wish. As for a rating system I would love it if people did put ratings on films, I will ask a mod if I can have a sticky thread to keep a list of all the films reviewed.

Impact

V.I.P.
Depending on spare time next year, count me in.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Depending on spare time next year, count me in.
No worries, I appriciate we all have lives outside of GF, just contribute when you can.

---

So far we have:

Bliss,
Crouton,
Impact,
Konshentz,
KSpiceFantastic,

Get thinking people :D

Last edited:

Taliesin

Registered Member
Dude, you left me off that list! I wanna play too!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If it's one movie a month then I'm down for sure. I like it that you can choose whichever movie you want to watch.

Sign me up, Cowboy.