• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies GF Movie Review Club - Week 9: The Rules Of Attraction

Impact

V.I.P.

"The incredibly spoiled and overprivileged students of Camden College are a backdrop for an unusual love triangle between a drug dealer, a virgin and a bisexual classmate."

I remember loving this movie the first time I watched it, and I still enjoy when I re-watch it now, so it will be interesting to see what you all think.

Reviews for last weeks movie are still open.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I still think we should have a week off where we have no movies and just catch up on the old ones. A lot of us seem to be one, two, three of even four movies behind. And the last couple of films only have 2 or 3 reviews each, the numbers are really dropping and I think it's because it's moving too fast.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I would tend to agree with Crouton. I am enjoying the one week per film setup as it forces me to watch more films etc and today I couldn't wait to see this weeks selection however I can appreciate the fact that some people don't have time with work/family commitments etc.

Impact

V.I.P.
As far as i'm aware, only two out of the entire group are behind. Bliss hasn't submitted the past week because she has been ill and absent from GF, Kons is no longer visiting GF although I hope to change that, and Alt is having issues with his internet which should be resolved soon. Ginock, myself and Steg don't seem to be having issues keeping up, and the others are only submitting reviews when they see a movie that appeals to them. So, I believe it's just Crouton who has issues with the speed, and without sounding bitchy, I don't really want to hold it up for one person. If it was 3 or even 4 people having issues with the speed things are going, then I wouldn't have an issue, but yeah... If i'm being unfair or missing something please do tell me.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It may just be me. I have a small download limit so it's hard for me to get the films sometimes that I don't already have on DVD. I'm also studying full-time right now and have numerous other commitments so it's hard to get the time to actually watch and review them. I will keep submitting my reviews but I may be at any one stage 1 or 2 weeks behind.

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, I don't have a problem with you being behind. I know how much it sucks having a download limit, and i'm cool with you submitting reviews late. It's why i've been leaving the threads open for ages before I post the final rating in the overview thread.

And I forgot HES from my above list, but he's MIA. Anyone know if he's coming back?

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
And I forgot HES from my above list, but he's MIA. Anyone know if he's coming back?
To be honest I also forgot HES was involved, I haven't seem him in quite some time, has anyone had a PM or anything along those lines?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Just out of curiosity. If I was to go back and rewatch some of the films I missed, such as Children of Men and Brick, would you be able to add those reviews into the overview section, even though they are really late?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I finally have my internet back and it's almost the weekend so I should have this review up in a couple of days. Just posting so you know I didn't forget about it!