• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies GF Movie Review Club: Week 5 - The Mist

Bliss

Sally Twit

Stars: Thomas Jane, Marcia Gay Harden and Laurie Holden

Genre: Horror/Sci-Fi/Thriller

I don't want to provide a synopsis because I think you would enjoy this Movie a lot more if you let the plot reveal itself.

Please watch and submit your review by next Thursday.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Nice, I've been wanting to watch this for a while. Thanks for giving me an excuse. Im currently using my parents internet so hopefully should be able to get this and aces done by Monday.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Okay I just watched this.

I must admit, when this film first started I thought that the mist itself was slightly creepy when it was descending on the town. That was all destroyed for me however when that giant tentacle burst through the door and started to kill people. Is eerie mysterious mist from nowhere scary? Yes. Is a poorly animated, quite corny octopus monster scary? Not in the slightest.

At this point I was disappointed and felt I was in for another lame monster film with poorly animated creatures and no plot aside from just run and hide. I was pleasantly surprised with just how wrong I was at this point. Once I realised that the monsters themselves weren't the centre of the story I started to enjoy it more. It wasn't about the creatures of the mist, but they were just driving the real story of the film which is watching everyone fall apart on the inside.

The tension between the groups of people on the inside was excellent and really well written, and quite well acted. The escalating madness of the religious woman and the small band of heroes trying to overcome her was a really interesting story, and the ending of this film was just a kick in the balls but in all the right ways. It caught you off guard and was different, something you wouldn't expect.

Overall I started off very apprehensive, but about halfway through this film I realised what it was trying to do and started to enjoy it. At no point did I find it scary (I just can't find those mist creatures scary, I thought some of them looked kind of cute) but the dynamics between the characters were complex and interesting.

7/10

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
I'm actually not looking forward to this. I don't really like Stephen King books turned into movies. Hopefully i'm pleasantly surprised.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm actually not looking forward to this. I don't really like Stephen King books turned into movies. Hopefully i'm pleasantly surprised.
I think you will be. It's right up there with Stand By Me, The Shawshank Redemption & The Green Mile as the best movies based on from King's stories.

I'm looking forward to watching this again... just need to download it.

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I actually watched it on youtube and didn't mind. I usually don't like it but it was in high quality on this channel. Even looked good full-screen.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I just watched it.

No fun. I was bored. I kind of felt bored the entire film. For a King film, I thought it was shit. The characters are bland, the action stilted, and the ending cliche.

I want my time back. 5/10

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I agree with Kons here. The ending took me by surprise and I didn't expect it. That's the type of ending I enjoy.