• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies GF Movie Review Club - Children of Men

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Guys I think I might have to pull out of this club. I have watched this film about 5 or 6 times before but that was years ago. I can remember the basic plot and scenes from the film but not enough to warrant a review.
I thought maybe I could watch it on youtube or download but it just isn't going to happen. It's almost the end of the month and I've basically reached my internet quota as it is, if I download or watch it online I will go over my usage.
Sorry about this guys.
Do you have to pull out totally? Can we let Crouton miss this one film and take part in a film reviews next time around when you have enough bandwidth?

Impact

V.I.P.
Do you have to pull out totally? Can we let Crouton miss this one film and take part in a film reviews next time around when you have enough bandwidth?
Yeah, that's fine with me. Downloading a movie each week can suck on limited internet, so I can understand if she can only participate occasionally.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I could maybe even just submit this review late as the new month rolls around soon and that's when I get my new download limit. Don't wait for me or anything though, stick to the normal routine I'll just chuck a review in here later if that's okay?

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, that's fine Crouton. I'm not going to be waiting on anyone :) You can just skip any until your new internet month rolls around. If you want to come back and add a review then that's not an issue either.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I finally found a place to watch it online...

It had been a good 3 or so years since I first saw this film, so it was nice to actually be surprised by a few things that happen.

The good: I really enjoyed the character of Kee, I thought she was the best part of the movie. Clive Owen wasn't too bad in this & I have yet to see a bad performance by Michael Caine. Also, the camera work. You definitely felt like you were standing right behind them in the chaos as things were being blown up and everything was going to shit. The scene where blood sprays onto the lens was pretty awesome too. Haha. I also liked that it wasn't exactly a happy ending.

The bad: There are definitely a few times where the movie kind of drags. I didn't go into the film thinking it'd be an action-fest from beginning to end, so I probably shouldn't fault it for that - but it still stuck out. Also, a few of the minor characters weren't all that great, Sid & Miriam being the worst.

The ugly: Julian Moore. For some reason, I just cannot stand her. She's one of those actors/actresses that I tend to avoid movies she has a big role in. Thankfully, she gets killed pretty quickly in this and I'm almost tempted to bump this up another half a point because of that. Haha.

6.0/10

Last edited:

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I finally found a place to watch it online...

The ugly: Julian Moore. For some reason, I just cannot stand her. She's one of those actors/actresses that I tend to avoid movies she has a big role in. Thankfully, she gets killed pretty quickly in this and I'm almost tempted to bump this up another half a point because of that. Haha.

6.0/10
I was so busy focusing on Clive Owen that I totally forgot to mention Julian Moore. Seriously I've seen more chemistry between a dish cloth and a toaster than those 2.

Impact

V.I.P.
Well overall, Children of Men received a 6.9/10 score. Not bad, be interesting to get more done to see how they compare.

Last edited:

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
We could even have an archive thread stickyed for reference. That way other members can check it before viewing!