• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies GF Movie Review Club 2.0 - Week 2

Which movie do you want to review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Impact

V.I.P.
Croutons picks this week. So vote between the following two:

Ned Kelly (2003)

After getting threatened by Kelly's friends and family, Constable Fitzpatrick places the blame on Ned Kelly and exaggerates what happened. With the biggest ever award available, Kelly and his gang set into the wild, to remain hidden from everyone who seeks them. Even if it means having his family arrested, the Kelly Gang stay hidden and plan a way to get their names cleared. Directed by Gregor Jorden. Starring Heath Ledger, Orlando Bloom,

Animal Kingdom (2010)

Tells the story of seventeen year-old J (Josh) as he navigates his survival amongst an explosive criminal family and the detective who thinks he can save him. Directed by David Michôd. Starring James Frecheville, Guy Pearce and Joel Edgerton

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I haven't seen either film but voted for Animal Kingdom as I have never seen it but it does sound very interesting.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yay! My Australian themed week! Lauren I don't know if it's just me or not but both of the posters didn't load.

Here are the trailers for anyone interested:

Animal Kingdom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5BsYRmMfus

Ned Kelly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doArSp1AIUw

I like both films a lot. Animal Kingdom is a fairly contemporary look at Australian crime families/ underground drug trafficking etc. Ned Kelly is a look at one of Australia's most famous figures in history.

Animal Kingdom is set in the 1980's and Ned Kelly in the 1870's so two very different eras in this country.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I feel really horrible because I didn't review Revolver in time due to a sudden onset of business in my life, hahaha.

I voted Ned Kelly, because unlike Animal Kingdom, it's on Netflix Instant... get the pattern?

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I went for ned kelly because I've wanted to see it for ages anyway :)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Looks like we are at a stand-off with the votes here. We need some more votes to pick a movie.

Impact

V.I.P.
Hmm, a tie. I'll try something different. Everyone reviews the film they voted for. And those who didn't vote can just review whichever they'd prefer.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I'm going to go with my gut and stick with my original choice of Animal Kingdom :)