• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GF Gaming Awards Poll (Best Console)

Best Console (All Time)

• Nintendo 64

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • PlayStation 2

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • PlayStation 3

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Super Nintendo (SNES)

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Vote for your favorite option, pretty simple and straightforward.

Feel free to discuss everything in here concerning the poll.

Ziggy

Sup?
:O No 360?

That wonderful machine is being given no love? I think I'm going to go cry for a bit before voting.

I guess I'll go for the Nintendo 64 because it was my first genuine console and I feel it was a terrific bit of hardware.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
My first proper console was the Playstation 1. I never owned SNES or 64 when I was growing up, I only played them at other peoples houses. So for me personally this one is between PS2 and PS3 since those are the ones I have more experience with. I had some great times with my PS2, but in the end I think I have gotten more use out of the PS3, and I love it's blu-ray capabilities.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I'm going for the PlayStation 2. The PS2 was a goddamn juggernaut back in the day, and commanded a vast library of games that outnumbered the competition. It was so damn popular that there are companies that still occasionally making games for it. You don't see that with N64. The PS3 has yet to get to that position, and due to the way they marketed it originally, it probably won't be as big as the PS2 was, which is why I passed that up.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I voted for the Playstation 3. I've played all of those four consoles listed and it's by far the best. I love that you can play online for free, the controller is terrific. I thought the N64 was awful, especially the controller, but not really surprised it's up there since a lot of people seem to like it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well out of the four choices I've only owned the PS3 so that's what I am going to go with! I've had the original Nintendo, Sega, PS1 and PS3.

I love my PS3 though so it was an easy decision for me.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
PS3 is winning...? Ugh, that's kind of depressing, to be honest. I think PSX is where it's at for me, but since it's not up there, I'm voting PS2.

And no, I don't think 360 should be up there. PS3, neither.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Apart from the Sega Mega Drive, all of my happier gaming experiences were on the PS2. i was introduced to GTA and instantly fell in love.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It is scary how many people are voting PS3 despite it's lackluster library, terrible pricing and lack of customer support. That being said, it doesn't come close to the SNES in terms of quality.