• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GF Gaming Awards (Best Racing Franchise)

Best Racing Franchise

• Mario Kart

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Gran Turismo

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • NASCAR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Need For Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Vote for your favorite option, pretty simple and straightforward.

Feel free to discuss everything in here concerning the poll.

We had a big issue dealing with all of the nominations in here, we narrowed it down to 4 franchises.

Mario Kart
Gran Turismo
NASCAR
Need For Speed

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I chose Mario Kart here, because I like the direct combat that occurs. I also chose it because it's more arcady, while the other three tend to be more realistic.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was tough between Mario Kart and Need for Speed, but at the end of the day I had to go with Mario Kart since it's fun to play against your friends. I'm not really great at the game, but I still enjoy playing. Me and my friends used to have tournaments before and it was always something fun to do.

dDave

V.I.P.
Mario Kart simply wins.

I'm not a fan of Mario Kart Wii or Mario Kart 7 though.

Here are the games I enjoy a lot in the series.

Double Dash
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart DS

I feel that Super Circuit has terrible control mechanics, I've also never had the pleasure of trying Arcade GP.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Since neither Burnout nor Forza are on the list, I'm abstaining from this one.

EDIT - Ah hell, who am I kidding. I voted Mario Kart.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Gran Turismo, easy. And if I had to pick just one from the series... I'm going with 2.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Gran Turismo is the only racing game I've enjoyed. I like the music, the tracks and the cars. I am not even a car lover but I was addicted. I can't remember which one it was I loved but I do remember 'Michael' by Franz Ferdinand was played every day for months. I drove my family crazy.