• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GF Gaming Awards (Best Indie Title)

Best Indie Title

• MineCraft

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Braid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Vote for your favorite option, pretty simple and straightforward.

Feel free to discuss everything in here concerning the poll.

Best Indie Title

MineCraft vs. Braid
------
I went with MineCraft here. It's amazing to me that something so quality could be developed without any funding.

I haven't played the game a whole lot, but I have played a fair amount of it. I played enough to make a small Mushroom Kingdom world.

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I definitely went with Minecraft considering that a few of us on here have been playing on a self purchased minecraft server for the last year.

For an indie game with no initial funding, it is a super solid game that offers hours upon hours of fun. It tickles every creative appendage in my soul. its simply amazing

Ziggy

Sup?
You know I probably nominated Braid without even thinking about Minecraft. Minecraft is so widespread it didn't even come to mind that it is an Indy title.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Minecraft is still technically indie, and is still technically one of my favorite games I am still playing, so it got my vote. Braid is a stunning game, as well, but the phenomena that is Minecraft is a force to be reckoned with.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Aw man, my nomination didn't make it, It's okay World of Goo, I still love you!

I haven't played Braid, but I did play Minecraft and didn't really like it, so I don't think I'll vote for anyone here.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Crou, I would have nominated World of Goo if I was around for nominations. That was quite a delightful game. Oh... and play Braid. It's wonderfully fun.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It was great wasn't it! And it had such an amazing soundtrack for an indie game, I still listen to it on my iPod to this day, and I first played the game a couple of years ago.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Now that you mentioned it, I may actually go back and play it again. I miss it now. XD

I would have nominated Fez, which just recently came out a few weeks back for XBLA. Gorgeous game with amazing visual stylings and simple (yet complex) gameplay.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Braid was in my nominations, but i didn't actually play minecraft until AFTER i made my nominations! so now, minecraft gets my vote!