• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GF Gaming Awards (Best GameCube Title)

Best Nintendo GC Title

• The Legend of Zelda: WindWaker

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Metroid Prime

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Vote for your favorite option, pretty simple and straightforward.

Feel free to discuss everything in here concerning the poll.

Two nice and simple options here.

Zelda WindWaker versus Metroid Prime
------
I consider metroid prime to be one of the best games ever made. Naturally I have to vote for it over wind waker. I used to really hate wind waker though, I'll admit tht it has grown on me though.

Last edited:

Taliesin

Registered Member
I agree that Metroid Prime is just simply a stunning game. I really do love it. I really, really do. But I'm afraid Wind Waker will always be my favourite Gamecube title ever. It was just pure magic and joy from start to finish!

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I dumped hours upon hours into Windwaker. Sailing from island to island, watching it grow in the distance, then landing and looking out from the shoreline - There's a strange, immersive sense of isolation in that that was never reproduced in anything that has followed since.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Wind Waker was one of my favorite Zelda games, even if some fans hated it. So, it gets my vote over a very competitive Metroid Prime, which is another one of my favorite GCN games.

Wind Waker had unique moments that have not yet been repeated in the series since.

dDave

V.I.P.
I agree that Metroid Prime is just simply a stunning game. I really do love it. I really, really do. But I'm afraid Wind Waker will always be my favourite Gamecube title ever. It was just pure magic and joy from start to finish!
I actually have an older thread on GF that I posted about why I hate Wind Waker. The graphics weren't exactly my favorite (partially because I was so adjusted to OoT), and honestly the game is simply too easy. Because of the way the game was based in an ocean world traveling between islands was fairly annoying. The game has grown on me though, I've learned to appreciate it for the great work of art that it is. I do, however, maintain that the game was just too easy and therefore I didn't like it as much as I could have.

Metroid Prime on the other hand required a lot of thought, creativity, and it was very difficult the first time through. The game really kept me captivated. There were all sorts of different areas in this game, I appreciated how it was all tied together in one world. The game got fairly difficult around Phendrana Drifts and by the time you were finishing Phazon Mines you really understood just how hard the game was. I also liked how there were inaccessible areas all over every level that you had to return to at a later point in the game. (Honestly the game almost reminded me of DK64, my favorite game ever). More than anything else, I had a lot of fun sequence breaking. There's a lot of cool stuff you can do such as get the space jump boots early, the ice beam early, early gravity suit, several early artifacts. The glitches were corrected in later versions of the game. Regardless, the game is a true masterpiece and really brought Metroid into the 3D realm quite well.