GF Flea market

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Nightsurfer, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hey I was wondering if we could bring back the classified section to GF but call it the GF Flea market?

I think we have enough members who might like this feature..The old one from AF is lost in all the other stuff on here.

So can we make it it's own forum or sub forum here on GF?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

You mean a place for people to buy and sell things?

We could bring it back but I'd have to get a legal agreement written up first. For example, GF wouldn't be responsible for being a watchdog over transactions and would in no way get involved in disputes. There would pretty much be zero buyer protection unless the people went through PayPal or something but GF would not officially offer any sort of guarantee on anything transacted in the classified section.

3. Nightsurfer

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I would go VIP for this.

I like the idea.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Like I said the only way it could work is if people understood that it was up to them to buy or trade at their own risk. I don't think we would have any problems but it's just something to toss out there so people understand GF isn't going to get involved in disputes.

As for VIP only I think that makes sense. VIP members are generally dedicated members who enjoy being here. My bet is that none of them are here to screw people out of $20 for an old NES game or whatever.

We could set this up so anybody can see the threads and buy things but only VIP members can post things for sale. That way at least we can be pretty near 100% sure that the seller is a reputable member. I'd hat to see sellers get scammed either though so I'd probably post some warnings like craigslist does but it's a lot harder to scam as a buyer than as a seller. Especially if the money is paid through PayPal.

I'll think about maybe getting something like this going.

6. Nightsurfer

I like your Idea of letting all members see and use it but only V.I.P can list.

So it's looks like something we could do in the near future then.

Any thoughts on the "GTP" ideas as well?