GF Facebook group

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stonebow, May 26, 2008.

1. Stonebow

Stonebow Registered Member

Hey all,

Just noticed that you have a group for GF on facebook, only spotted it through someones sig but I joined!

How to others rate facebook against other social networking sites such as bebo, myself I cant stand bebo, always seems to messy

GF Facebook group link for the benefit of others - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6424455969&ref=mf

:scooter:

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That reminds me. I need to make an official GF facebook group. How do I do it?

The one now is just an unofficial one some people made a while ago. I have facebook myself but never got into it much yet.

3. Stonebow

Stonebow Registered Member

Creating a group is pretty easy, I done one for my former school year members. I didnt realise the GF was an unofficial group hmmmmmm....

EDIT:
    Creating a group is as simple as clicking on the group icon on the left then select Create new group from a button on the right hand side of the page. You can class the group either as closed (all applicants are vetted by admin first (handy to stop unknown numptys joining)) or Open - anyone is free to join

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Facebook is the most usable of the social networking sites I've encountered. There are some that focus on business and the ones that grew out of ex-Facebookers who didn't like it when they (invited high schoolers/opened it/created the Mini-Feed/introduced applications) which are more professional and less cluttered, but Facebook has the advantage of size.

Myspace looks like a godforsaken mess in comparison, though Myspace whores invading Facebook and cramming their page with shitty apps isn't much better.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Facebook is the most evil thing out there just like myspace. You'll never catch me on either one.

ysabel likes this.
  6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Myspace is still fun, at least for me but you're right about it looking like a mess. In fact its clogged with spammers everywhere I though, those are like the only friend requests I get and the only comments I get on my page are about gift cards or ringtones or whatever. Facebook is a little harder to navigate but its almost spam-free.

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I don't think you can delete a group once you make it. If you create an official GF group, I can have everyone join that one and basically leave this one blank, but then there'll be two GF groups floating around...

9. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I think Facebook is the best out of all the social networking sites. I have become annoyed with it since they added all the stupid applications though.

10. KZA_GFX

KZA_GFX Registered Member

how do you join facebook and what is the group all about