GF Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bliss, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Whenever I go in Chat it's always the same people in there. I'm not complaining as I enjoy talking with you - you know who you are! I go in at random times over the weekend and there's a lot of people online that never go in Chat.

I'm just curious to know why you do or do not go in Chat?

2. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I rarely go in chat, I'm not really sure why. I think it's probably because I'm normally doing more than one thing online when I'm on here which is fine for browsing threads but chat requires more concentration if you actually want to be envolved.

Nightsurfer likes this.
  3. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

It just depends on the time of day, and who's in there. If it's late at night, and there's people I usually talk to in there, I'll beg off popping in, because I just know that i'll get carried away and stay up too late. However if it's morning and the same situation happens, I'll still pop in cause I have lots of time.

Nightsurfer likes this.
  4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

When I'm in chat, I prefer to actually...chat. Although I know that some people just want to go there but never talk. GF chat involves concentration and it's harder to multitask (read other threads) doing it. I go there when I have more free time.

5. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I go into chat to relax and have some fun with the members of the forum.
    I pop into chat atleast once a day to see what is going on and to see if there is any interesting conversations going on.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I go in the chat whenever I see people there, I just like using the new chat and talking to people, because it gives me a chance to know them better. Also I like the cam and mic access, it's so much more fun.

7. Psyco

Psyco Food Whore

I usually go and chill in chat when i'm relaxing and listening to music. I haven't really found a good way to multitask (browser style, atleast) too well, so i usually go in when i'm not in the middle of doing 8 things at once.

Nightsurfer likes this.
  8. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

It'd be much easier to multitask if it was easier to scroll back to read what's been typed. That way you don't lose the conversation. But if the conversation is going fast, everytime you try to scroll up to read the past, it jumps back down to the bottom everytime someone says something. Which never gives me a chance to read. What I hate is when my browser crashes, it erases any time I've accumulated for the chat award in that session. I guess since it doesn't exit properly or something.

9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

This for me as well. During the day while I'm at work, if I'm in there and the conversation is going too fast, I can't follow it. So, I'll usually x out of the lobby but continue private chats.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

That's true about scrolling. I try to scroll to see what I miss (especially when I get a lag and messages suddenly appear late at the same time) but when others are typing at that time, it's hard to continue reading past messages.