• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GF Census: Drinking

How much do you drink? (Alcoholic Drinks)

• Drinks Frequently

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Drinks Occasionally

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Drinks Rarely

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Non-Drinker (Never Drinks)

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I was surprised by how many non-drinkers there were in GF while reading Ginock's thread. I thought it would be cool to do a poll and get some numbers.

danwiz

Registered Member
I drink about 1 bottle or can of beer per week, so I checked rarely. Maybe the poll would have been easier to answer if it said something like:
Frequently (at least 1 drink every day)
Occasionally (less often than 1 drink every day, more often than one a week)
Rarely (one drink a week or less)
Non-Drinker (obviously = NEVER).

I don't know if polls can have their wording edited?

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I voted for drinks rarely, in that I mean that I will literally have a few glasses of wine every year.

I'm sure I'll drink a bit more once I turn 21 but even still, I don't see myself becoming much of a drinker. I know some people in RL that love alcohol and it just doesn't seem attractive to me.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I selected occasionally because some weeks I have a glass of wine every night but then I might go a month without. I use to never drink at all until a couple of years ago I decided one glass of wine at night might be good for me.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I would say that I generally have a drink every day. I probably get drunk once a month or so.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Like dDave, I've never gotten the attraction of alcohol. I did try a sip of this, that, and the other at various times when I was a teenager, but never liked the taste of any of it so never went down that path.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with people who like to drink. Drinking or not drinking doesn't make you better or worse than the next person, so it's not something I spend too much time thinking about. It really doesn't bother me one way or the other, but personally it's not for me.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I went with occasionally...

I don't drink to get drunk that often anymore but I do drink a little bit per week. I just like the taste of wine and beer.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I used to be an occasional drinker, but now I rarely have any drinks and I never drink to get drunk anymore. I had a glass of champagne on Christmas and one beer on New Years Eve, and I occasionally order a beer if I'm out to dinner or something. I still enjoy the taste of beer and certain drinks, but I don't really like the way it makes me feel anymore.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I drink on the odd occasion. I think in 2013 I maybe drank 3 or 4 times, each time while out with friends I haven't seen in a long time. I make a point of it to not drink anymore though. I used to drink far too much and in the past had trouble knowing when to stop. The few times I do drink now, I am able to enjoy a glass of wine and walk away knowing I had enough.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Before I decided to do the whole not drinking thing I would drink at least one can of beer during the week, sometimes two but not that often. If I went out with friends on a Friday or a Saturday my usual amount would be between 4 and 8 pints of beer per night, in my younger days I used to go to pub on a Friday and meet friends on a Saturday afternoon in a hair of the dog theory. I do not visit the pub on a Sunday any more but I did still have a drink.

Now that I write this down it seems like a very stupid thing to do, I am not proud of it and I am not trying to show off it was just the company I was in. As I say it was not rare for me to wake up with a hangover on a Saturday morning, make a bacon sandwich and then go and see friends in the pub and continue.

Wish me luck, I think I am gonna need it.