• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GF Art Competition

Impact

V.I.P.
I think it's been about a year since the failure of the last GF Art Competition (congrats Bex for being the only person to actually submit something), so I figured i'd see if we had any interest in one this year? I know we've had a couple more artistic members join up lately so it would be pretty cool.

Anyway, this year I would be making it an open theme. Any medium, so digital art, paintings, drawing, photography, sculpture, etc. The only requirements are that you submit a new piece, so no old work, and that you don't steal someone elses work (obviously)

So, any takers?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
So how does this work? If it's open theme then doesn't that mean we could submit anything at all. I'm all for open medium, but I think a specific theme might make it easier.

Impact

V.I.P.
Well...last year we had a specific theme...I think it was fantasy, and for whatever reason we only had one person submit something. Actually, thinking back it was more time restraints than anything. I would be open to setting a theme again if that is the general consensus.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I have heaps of art homework etc to do already right now due to starting back at school in a few weeks so I'm pretty busy in this department. I'll probably be uploading new works to my drawing page anyway, but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Metoria

Registered Member
I'm up for Open medium and open theme! I'd probably join in! :3

It sounds fun!

How many entries are we allowed to make? one per person?

Last edited:

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
This sounds like could be fun, and I have not drawn for a while, count me in.

Starfire86

Registered Member
Sure, I'm game. I'm not very confident in my ability though. :p

Metoria

Registered Member
LOL It's all for fun! :D I wonder what I should draw/photograph/other media...

hmm.. hey would crocheting be included? and how long would the contest run for?

XD how many questions have I asked in this thread? LoL

Iris

rainbow 11!
I think I might join!