GF Anime Watch? Bring it back?

Should we bring back the GF anime watch

• No, not enough people will participate.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
GF Anime watch was an attempt to get the anime community a bit more active and generate discussion about ongoing series.

We have had only two Anime Watches ever, after the idea was proposed in the spring/early summer.

"Spice and Wolf" and Kure-Nai. We averaged only about 3 or 4 participants after initially garnering a lot of interest (6 or 8 members said they would participate).

For this winter anime season I would like to see if we should attempt to do another Anime Watch.

People who sign up for the watch are expected to watch at least a few episodes before they decide whether or not they want to drop it or continue watching it.

Anyways what do you guys think?

Vegito728

Registered Member
I definitely want to continue it. I think it was a very good idea that just never really took off for whatever reason.

Maybe if we do this again we can choose a more popular show like Haruhi season 2 or something.

Last edited:

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
I think it's a great idea. I'd personally be for it though I think we should avoid using second seasons. It may be confusing to people like me for instance as I have never seen Haruhi Season 1.

BigBob

Registered Member
It does sound like a good idea to bring it back. I've been looking to get back into watching Anime anyways and that would defiantly make me active in it.

I'd say continue it. I probably won't participate though, since my internet would cap easily, if I did (Especially since 6 people use the internet in my house).

Vegito728

Registered Member
I think it's a great idea. I'd personally be for it thoughI think we should avoid using second seasons. It may be confusing to people like me for instance as I have never seen Haruhi Season 1.
That was just an idea I had because the last two anime watches we've had haven't been very successful. The choice of anime(imo) was probably the main reason it wasn't more successful.

So maybe a well known and liked show like Haruhi could get more members to participate.

But like I said, that was just an idea. I'll watch whatever.

Last edited:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
That sounds like something I would like to do..Kind of like a book club but with anime instead of books.

If you can PM me the sites to watch these on that would be most helpful.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I think it's a great idea. I'd personally be for it though I think we should avoid using second seasons. It may be confusing to people like me for instance as I have never seen Haruhi Season 1.
Then maybe it's time for you girl to start watching Haruhi. Just skip listening to the closing song. :lol:

Anyway, if there's a way for me to watch the assigned series, then I'll give it a try.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Well it looks like we have a good support base.

GF anime watch will go up for the winter anime season. Note this probably won't be until Jan or Feb.

Also the winter season is usually when the fewest anime are released so the pickings could be slim.