• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Getting warranty replacements?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
So I had some problems with something I bought a few years ago. It was a battery backup for my PC in case of power outages and the battery wasn't holding a charge anymore.

I called APC and was surprised to find out that it was under warranty and that I could have the whole thing replaced for free. I was expecting to have to spend about $100 for a new battery so this was a really nice surprise.

Have you ever had anything replaced through a warranty program? Anything that you didn't think was covered?

I must have bad luck because I have used more warranties than I can count.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Here recently, my check engine light was on. I read in the manual, and it said that it was something to do with air emissions. There were 3 different kinds of problems that could be covered at different mileages. I thought for sure that whatever problem I had, that it was over the mileage. My catillitic(sp?) converter was out, but thankfully, it was covered. That would have cost me a fortune. I think it was around $950.