Getting to know you (a little), Part III

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tucker, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

1. Nelson Mandela once compared resentment to swallowing poison and then hoping for it to kill your enemy. Is there a time that stands out in your memory when you held resentment close and you should have been letting it go?

2. Does one's recreational preferences definitively distinguish a true adult from an overgrown child?

3. What percentage of people in the world are more awesome than you are?

4. Candidly, how much of a part did modesty play in your answer to #3?

5. What would you like as a grave marker epitaph?

6. Gen. "Stormin' " Norman Schwarzkopf, Supreme Allied Commander in 1991's Operation Desert Storm, told Barbara Walters in an interview that he doesn't trust a man who never cries. What do you make of that?

7. How much canned Spam would you estimate you've eaten in your life?

8. If you decided to invent an alcoholic drink, what would be the first ingredient you'd reach for?

9. At what age will you be old?

10. What currently popular electronic device will you probably never own?

11. On a scale of 1-10, how fortunate are you, and why?

12. How does your life differ from your childhood expectations for it?

13. How large a portion of your primary resources (time, money, emotional strength) is it ethical to spend on one person you love, when you're aware of 99 strangers in equal need?

14. Name a species in the animal kingdom whose extinction wouldn't bother you a whole bunch.

15. What, in your opinion, is the most erotic item of clothing that your partner (or a potential partner) could wear?

16. What do you do that's more stereotypical of the opposite sex?

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

1. Nelson Mandela once compared resentment to swallowing poison and then hoping for it to kill your enemy. Is there a time that stands out in your memory when you held resentment close and you should have been letting it go?

Yeah, kinda. There was this big issue a couple of years ago when I was at school when I really resented a certain teacher. Its a long story so I won't type it all out, but I really should have just forgotten about it and moved on at the time.

2. Does one's recreational preferences definitively distinguish a true adult from an overgrown child?

Nah, well, I don't think so.

0% and 100% at the same time

I don't know because I don't really understand my answer :lol: I would tell you that I am actually very modest, but I'm too modest, so I won't. :laugh:

I'm really not sure, I've never thought about it.

6. Gen. "Stormin' " Norman Schwarzkopf, Supreme Allied Commander in 1991's Operation Desert Storm, told Barbara Walters in an interview that he doesn't trust a man who never cries. What do you make of that?

Its fair enough!

None, at all.

8. If you decided to invent an alcoholic drink, what would be the first ingredient you'd reach for?

Alcohol.

When I feel it

a blender?

5... I don't see much truth in some people being naturally luckier than others, as a whole. I get really lucky sometimes, and other times, not at all. So an average 5 is probably accurate.

I never really had expectations as a child for what life would be like. The only thing I can think of is that I always thought I'd be either a vet or a graphic designer. Which is now definately not an option.

13. How large a portion of your primary resources (time, money, emotional strength) is it ethical to spend on one person you love, when you're aware of 99 strangers in equal need?

As much as the person I love needs.

14. Name a species in the animal kingdom whose extinction wouldn't bother you a whole bunch.

I'm sad to see any animal extint... hmm maybe a species of caterpillar or something.

15. What, in your opinion, is the most erotic item of clothing that your partner (or a potential partner) could wear?

I don't like erotic clothing on guys :lol:

A lot of things. I have more male attributes that female ones. For example, I'm not emotional, I don't talk a lot and I hate gossip, I can't stand clothes shopping, it takes me just a few minutes to get ready before I go out, my favourite sport's fanbase is hugely male dominated.... and there is plenty more!

Tucker likes this.
  3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Honestly, no. I don't think I have ever felt resentment towards anybody.

Not in the slightest.

Probably 50%.

Probably 50%.

I've never thought about it. It'd probably be something a little bit funny. Not distasteful though.

I can relate to that. I believe a man is only a man if they can show emotion. A man who is scared to do so is not a man at all.

0. Eww!

Sherbet!

I'll never be old. My body will age but the me inside will not.

A laptop. I really want one but unless I win the lottery or someone gives me one I doubt i'll ever have one.

Not very. I've always been an unlucky person.

I'm not in a girl band.

As much as it takes. I know people are in need all over the world but I don't have the means to help them. When I love someone I give them everything I've got.

The white tiger. I've always found them to be beautiful and graceful animals. My dream was to see one up close and that dream came true.

A paperbag over his head.

Nothing. That's what men do right? ;)

Tucker likes this.
  4. Harmony

Harmony Registered Member

I have held resentment over minor things and for that moment I'm really angry about it, but I usually I get over it pretty quick.

Nope, not at all.

I'd say 99%. :p

Nothing.

I've never thought about it. :confused:

Sounds like good advice to me.

I've never eaten any, as far as I know.

Always the vodka. :D

When I start acting it.

iPod

I would have said about 4, before, but now I'll say 9. I've been very lucky this year. :)

I'd say I was pretty naive as a child, about how I thought my life would turn out. So very different.

I'm pretty much completely split down the middle with people. Strangers - I really don't think about at all. People I love - I would give up my life for them.

A species of fly.

Nothing, I prefer them without any clothes. ;)

I'm such a tomboy, I've never done anything that's stereotypical of a girl. :p

5. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

No. I feel that my resentment is justly felt.

Not definitively, no. I, for instance, have always and will always love swinging. Unless that makes me an overgrown child. In which case, I change my answer to yes.

.0000000000001%. I haven't met these one or two people yet, but I'm sure they're out there.

Only as much as you'd expect.

"Nothing of value was lost"

John Wayne never cried. Chuck Norris never cried. Jet Li never cried. I think Gen. "Stormin' " Norman Schwarzkopf is a pussy and needs kicked in the vagina.

In terms of cans or the actual amount? As far as cans go, I'd say about 400 - 500 cans. I love spam!

Jager.

According to my sister, I'm already old.

PS3

10. I'm not dead and I haven't killed anyone.

I didn't think I'd live to be this old, when I was growing up.

I think it's more ethical to spend your resources on anyone you know than people you don't. Especially when you think you're in love.

Sloth.

Garter belts. Absolutely love em'

I play with my hair almost all day.

Tucker and Bliss like this.
  6. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

All the time with my ex-boyfriend. It's probably why we broke up! And I would hold the smallest stupidest things against him.

No way, how could it! I don't see why you have to stop hating say... lego just because you aged a little bit.

50%, you're either awesomer than me or you're not.

I just tried to make it sound like I'm fair and love myself! HAHA i don't know!!

WELL I was really hoping to not have a grave site or anything. But if I haaaave to then it would say "Here lies an atheist, all dressed up with no place to go."

I think that guy has an awesome name. And my dad has never cried and I trust him more than anybody! He's wise and strong. Just because one won't cry, doesn't mean one can't feel remorse.

Oh lord, from the age that I could chew food probably until I was 6 I ate it at least twice a week. So a lot more than any normal person should eat!

yeast?

I'll never be old.

an iPod.

I am 10! Extremely fortunate! Because I have running water and heat and a sturdy roof over my head and friends and family who love me and amazing pets and good educational possibilities etc. etc.!

I had a tough upbringing, I expected everything to turn out for the worst. Things definitely haven't been turning out as poorly as I expected them to! Things are feeling pretty good.

Well, I donate to some charities once in a while, but otherwise I don't think about strangers. But I mean, I'd much rather try to feed and shelter people in Canada rather than people in Africa, if you know what I mean. I would do anything reasonable for the people I know and love!

UHHMM tasmanian devils?! I DONT KNOW! i don't want any animals to go extinct!

15. What, in your opinion, is the most erotic item of [COLOR=#0000CC ! important][COLOR=#0000CC ! important]clothing[/COLOR][/COLOR] that your partner (or a potential partner) could wear?
    If the clothes fit well and nicely, I'm all over them and ready to take it all off!

I hack up goobies?!

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yes but I was really young. I let it ruin my life for several years.

I think we are all overgrown children pretending to be true adults (not all are successful).

Pick any number and divide it by zero.

Same answer as #3.

Nothing definite. I mean I've thought of this several times and my answer changes depending on my mood. If I were to die in a few minutes and have to choose now it'll be, "Spent the last minutes of her life replying to TuckerGently's thread"

I like it when men cry, so I make them.

A lot. I was served that for packed school lunches.

Definitely vodka.

When I have almost no one to email or call on the phone because they're dead.

Not sure if it's "popular" but those ebook readers. I will always prefer reading and holding real books not electronic versions of it.

An eight. I think I'm pretty much fortunate but I acknowledge that there are people who are far more fortunate than I am. Anyway while I say 8 on the scale, it personally feels 10 to me. Imagine if when I reach 9 on the scale!

My idea of the whole giving birth in the hospital was very different from what I imagined it would be when I was younger. I also never imagined having this full control of and responsibilty for my household (no hired help).

If I have to think of strangers in need for every cent I spend and emotional investment I make, I probably would be a miserable person. We have to accept that there are things we cannot control and change. Let it go and stop feeling guilty about it. We should just do our best for the ones we can make a big impact on and they're mostly the people we know and love. Go for it.

There are species I probably haven't heard of and my life is fine. So I most likely won't miss them if they become extinct.

My panties he just took off, over his head.

I can get ready quickly. I don't have those long beautifying routines after the shower or when dressing up. In fact I get annoyed when I have to wait for my friends to get away from the bathroom mirror.

Tucker likes this.
  8. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I replied to this once and on the last question I hit the backspace and it went back to the last page I viewed and when I hit forward all of my answers were deleted, so lets see if I can do this right this time LOL.

I still hold a small amount of resentment toward my boyfriend for some things he said and did to me. Things that truely shouldn't be forgivable and he knew they weren't when he did them, but didn't care. I know it ruins us everyday, but I have gotten better. He has work to do too though.

I don't think it is necessarily their recreational preferences that make you a true adult or an overgrown child. I think it more has to do with whether a person puts their recreational preferences before responsibility. If someone doesn't pay their bills or go to work because of their preferences, then that could make them more of an overgrown child.

3.14159%

None at all. Pi was the only thing that played a part in my answer.

If I were to answer number 3 honestly, I would probably say 57.992%. That's bold for me because I am a modest person.

"Here lies an Atheist, all dressed up... no place to go"

I would say that is silly.. No tears usually means dehydration. I'd offer the man a glass of water.

None, none at all.. and Never will I. Unless someone offers me an ungodly amount of money that will leave me set to be a lazy ass for the rest of my life.

A bottle of vodka.. I'd pour it into my own bottle and name it something new.

I'd make a useless alcoholic beverage creator.

I'll never be old.. People can call me old at their discretion, but I just can't ever imagine myself being old.. Which maybe my idea of old is different from everyone else, but the day I feel old is the day I will die.

An Iphone.. I have everything that it has to offer.. It just isn't all packed into 1 little thing.. I am fine with my PDA. I am just not so in love with the Iphone.. Oh well

I will say a 10. I have dealt with the loss of many loved ones and had health issues myself, but I am alive and happy. So, really I can't complain.

I most definitely thought I would be done with college and working an awesome job by now... Whoops, guess I was off.

The 1 person that I love with have to come with me to spend my rescources on the 99 strangers.

I really can't think of an animal I would want to see extinct.. I guess just rapists and murderers...

Next time around ask this question about insects, and I'll be prepared with an answer.

A smile.

Yeah, it's not an article of clothing..

I'm a rebel.

I don't cry. I am very strong and can be semiemotionless.. and girls are known for being the overly emotional ones.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
    Tucker likes this.
  9. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Tucker likes this.
  10. OverLoad65

OverLoad65 Registered Member

Holding resentment? Many times. When I should've been letting it go? I can't really provide an honest answer for that. If I held it, I felt I had the right to.

Not definitively, no.

45-70%

0 %

A shield. True symbolism of my life.

Antisocial Personality Disorder? Yeah, I agree with the General.

0 %

Full Throttle energy drink.

iPod, iMac, Mac Book, anything with the letter "i" in front of it, or an Apple logo.

8, because I have been very blessed by the powers that be.

Still a work in progress. Much better than it could have ended up, for sure. I am definitely very optimistic.

100%. She/he is your first responsibility.

Mosquitoes.

Latex body suit.... mmmmMmmmm now we're talking. :nod:

Watch chick flicks.