Getting rid of Telemarketers

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Nanner said:
Been on the do not call list since it came out. It really works!
I would beg to differ on that. I signed up the first week, and theres barely a day where I dont get one. Ive reported them, but still get calls

Mina

Registered Member
I've worked as a telemarketer before, had fun with it, but was always calling businesses. I usualy do the dumb blond act, or just say no thanks and hang up. Why waste their time unless you really need some good stress relief :lol:

Julie

Registered Member
I usually do the old standby "Please take me off your list". That always cuts 'em off & ends the call. I'm usually in the middle of cooking or feeding the baby - it's like they have radar. So I just use that to get off the phone fast.
I do remember that Seinfeld episode though, I loved that one. I used to do B2B telemarketing for awhile. Never tried residential.

helpisontheway

Registered Member
I still get asked... Is your mommy or daddy home... BUCK OFF... Then when I say I'm the owner of the house they never apologize and then just keep on reading... I've hung up on people as soon as they start. Had one girl call back and said she was in training and asked if I would at least listen to her... so I hung up again... I have call display and sometimes I can see the marketing agency that calls. If it's Big Brothers, or clothing donation or the Police ones I'll listen cause sometimes the Police ones have prizes if you buy tickets.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I am not sure when I will get another telemarketing call but if they do, I am going to speak a second language. Hopefully they don't speak my language. Some of the telemarketers are foreign and I can't understand a word they say because of their accent. I guess it's a good way to tick them off by asking them to repeat what they just said.

The telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the do not call list for 31 days. I hear people making a living suing telemarketers. They ask the telemarketers too take them off the calling list but they didn't and called again and end up being sued.

Nanner

Registered Member
Darth Tater said:
I would beg to differ on that. I signed up the first week, and theres barely a day where I dont get one. Ive reported them, but still get calls

Really? Sure I've had a couple sneek in there but they pretty much kiss your butt after you say simply "I'm on the do not call list" but that's it. We've lived in this house about a yr and a half and I think I've gotten one. Last house (lived there 4ish years) maybe 3-4 calls? Are yours local things like charities? Guess the DNC list doesn't apply to them......at least from what I can remember.