Getting rid of blisters

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
So, I have about 5 of them on my feet. They make me an unbearable bitch to be around...because they freaking hurt. I got them from some new shoes...and now it's difficult for me to continue working out.

Any quick way to get rid of them? Am I going to have to puncture them?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've always found that "popping" the blister hurts more than letting it go for a day or so. The liquid will still be there but will subside in a day or two and then it won't hurt at all until the skin is ready to fall off.

I know plenty of people that don't feel the pain after popping the blisters, though; they won't hurt after being popped. Everyone is different, I guess.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
According to the Mayo Clinic you can puncture it if they are causing you pain or are causing difficulty walking. Otherwise, they say to leave it alone.

Mine always puncture before I have a chance to do it, but on the rare chance I get to them first. I always puncture them. I find they hurt less when I do, but that doesn't mean I suggest you do. That is just my preference.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no real way of making blisters go away faster, well that I know of. You just have to endure the pain, or wait till they fully heal.

It's happened to me a few times that I've gotten blisters while running because they were new shoes, the next day I still ran. It hurt at the beginning, but after ten minutes or so you don't really feel it anymore.

Just my two cents.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I recommend not popping them if you can, as generally, the liquid inside a blister helps to protect the skin underneath from becoming infected.

Other than that, the best thing to do is to just wait them out.

Doc

V.I.P.
Pam, you should try going to the drug store/Wal-Mart and see what they have to offer to help blisters.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Well, they are located on both of my pinky toes towards the top/sides. One on the back side of my right heel, and then 2 more on the side part of your foot that juts out below your big toe. I don't know what that's called.

But as you can imagine...everytime I walk or put on shoes, all of these are hit...so yeah, it hurts quite a bit. But in those spots, I think they would all still hurt even punctured.

I just don't know what to do to make it better, or which way will make it heal faster.

Doc

V.I.P.
They sell a Neosporin (sp?) with pain relief that should help. Use that with some band-aides that will fit on/in those small spots and try to wear socks near constantly when you're out and about and asleep (that part is important). It will help you heal a few days sooner in most cases.