Getting organized

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnitaKnapp, Aug 11, 2009.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

So I'm doing some spring cleaning and getting rid of a lot of things I've been hanging onto and do not really need. I'm trying to find a place for everything that I do need...but even that is not easy.

Such as things like the manuals that come with my electronics. It would be a good idea to hang onto things like that...and all the extra accessories that come with computers, etc...but where do I put it all? All of my desk/bookshelf areas are pretty much already used, but I also don't want manuals just laying about either.

Any ideas of what I could get to make it look better to store these things in? Anything I get would be out in the open and unconcealed...as I have no more room in my closets or under my bed or anything...so what could I get that would look nice and also be easy to organize things in?

It would mostly be random objects like manuals, odds and ends that came with my computers, dog toys/treats/accessories, etc.

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I saw something once on Oprah (don't ask) that getting storage bins for your clutter is really useful. It's big enough to store stuff, won't get dirt on your items and it's not ugly to look at if you decide to keep it in your room out in the open.

I know how you feel, I have computer cords, old computer monitor and a closet full of crap that I need to deal with. I also have all these video game manuals and magazines that I keep for some reason. Heh, with the Internet nowadays I can just look there to see the reviews and whatnot. Maybe it's about time I do some spring cleaning of my own.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

4. AnitaKnapp

Well, the only room that I have to put things in would be the front room...which is what people would see as soon as they walk into the door. I don't want those big plastic storage bins to be the first thing people see when they come into my apt. Know what I mean? Unless they have really nice ones. I'm envisioning a rubber maid sort of look, which is exactly what I would like to avoid. I may have to actually go buy a piece of furniture, I'm thinking. The room it would go in is my dining room, which is basically an office. The only things in there right now is a desk + PC and a large bookshelf.

It used to also have the dog's crate, but I got rid of that. His doggie bed is in there, though.

I do have the room to add something large...I just don't know what to get. I see the cubes, but what do they go in?

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

you can get bookshelves that have that exact size shelf that the cubes fit in. When I get home I'll take a pic of the one I have and send it to you. Mine is from Ikea but I think you can get them at Target as well.

6. AnitaKnapp

I like the idea of it...but I don't like the way the cubes themselves look. I'm not sure if I'd want to go with cloth like that. Those particular ones look sort of dormish...but maybe it would look different depending on what you put them in.

There is an Ikea nearby too. I think both the desk and bookshelf I already have in the room came from there.