Getting Married in New YEar's Eve

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EllyDicious, Jan 3, 2010.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I heard someone got married on December the 31th and of course the new year found her celebrating her marriage.
    If someone invited you to celebrate the marriage and the new year at the same time, would you think this was a good idea?

2. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Yeah, why-not? Party amongst friends, and your anniversary is likely to be that bit more wondrous too.

It's all about the Bride and Groom, so for them, I guess it boils down to their personality. I'd say it shows them to be extrovert amongst other similar traits.

Either way, I wouldn't say it was a problem, apart from the fact, that on such days, some people might prefer to be else-where/with other people for sentimental reasons.

3. thrillhouse22

thrillhouse22 THRILLHO

I'm sure the groom just planned it so he would never forget their anniversary...

4. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I've done it. My aunt was re-married a few years ago on new years eve and we celebrated into new years day.

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I think new years weddings aren't a great idea. The celebration of new years would take away from the celebration of the marriage as it's meant to be a day focusing on the bride and groom only.

6. amjhdrummer

amjhdrummer It fell off.

I think I'm with Impact on this one. But to add on too it- most kids want to get drunk on New Years Eve. I got a friend who just got married the day after Thanksgiving and most of the ladies wanted to get out of the wedding to go shopping for Black Friday and others just wanted it to get over to be with family and such. I think this follows true for any marriage near any holiday.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd rather not be a part of a double celebration to be honest. I love celebrating NYE and wouldn't like the night to be about two people celebrating their marriage.

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I guess if that date has a special meaning for them, then it's not a bad idea. It's the only reason I'd agree to that day.
    I know a lot of people just choose random dates because it's whats available, but I think if I ever married again it would have to be sometime in the fall, because that season means the most to me.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I think it's fine. Maybe it'll get rid of having unwanted wedding guests (you know, the type you don't really want to invite to your wedding but "have to" to avoid drama) because they'll have family/friends' plans elsewhere. :)

10. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I got married on New Year's Eve once. Big-ass extravaganza (what better way to start the drinking early?) and I never forgot my anniversary, even though we divorced when I was 17.

Also got married on Christmas Eve. Yes, Tucker wrong-reason marriage fail.