Getting cold..

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anyone else starting to get the cold weather?

I've been noticing that lately short sleeves just aren't doing it for me anymore. I recently moved to Colorado and I guess it gets colder here a bit sooner than it does back where I was before.

Actually it hailed bad here a week or so ago for about 30 minutes straight. The entire ground was covered in what looked like "slightly bigger than normal" snow.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Get used to it. Colorado has a climate very similar to where I live. Hoodies will become your best friend. In fact, I don't even own a heavy jacket, just varying levels of hoodie thickness. No lie. I have a heavy one for snow, light one for around now, and just random regular ones.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
It's starting to cool a little bit, but not enough to warrant pulling out the warmer clothes. Usually it is just the perfect temperature for shorts and tshirt.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I walk 2 miles every morning and This morning there was the noticable chill factor that tells me that winter is on it's way lol I love the cold weather though.

leopard22

Registered Member
I'm very happy to see some cooler days where I am. We've been so hot this summer when usually we're not. We've actually had to turn on the heat at night a couple of times.

Hoodies are the best. I used to live in LA and that's all I ever wore, even when the natives were going around in down-filled parkas in the so-called winter. Of course, I grew up in the frozen tundra of Canada, so LA's mild temperatures were outstanding. Then I moved to Minnesota :-o

But now I live somewhere that rarely goes above 85 in the summer or below 40 in the winter .... perfection .... snow once a year (usually on Christmas believe it or not) and only half the rain of Seattle/Vancouver. I just hope we don't have the severe storms we had last winter - every tree in our yard facing the ocean was blown down through the winter months. Bright side - no more trees to blow down except those huge ones near the beach ... did I say bright side???? One of those guys would crush us as we sleep ...

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Too bad trees are expensive to replace.. and really impossible to replace if they were really big. Of course if you didn't like them anyway then its' cheaper than paying somebody to take them out. Now you just have to hire somebody to dig out the stumps. :)

leopard22

Registered Member
Three were mature pine trees that we put up to cover up a monstrosity of an addition our neighbor made to their house ... figured it was a nicer view than an expanse of white aluminum siding. The other one on the other side of the back was about 10 years old and it almost hit the house when it went over (just a foot short). The tree guys were so busy this past winter here that you still can't get anyone lined up for stump removal ... everyone is booked doing city/province work so no time for regular people. We'll be moving before we get around to having the stumps removed (actually only have 2 to remove - the other tree came out intact, roots and all ... way scary).

It'll make it easier to sell the house with no trees in the back actually. Here you have to apply for a special permit to even cut down a tree and they are usually denied unless there is a compelling reason (to improve my view of the ocean is not compelling enough), so people actually cut them down in the middle of the night and then claim they don't know who did it. They had the forensics people at one place and wound up matching saw impressions with saws on the premises (I'm not kidding here) and filing criminal charges. Yikes.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It is in the 70's here but will drop down to the 60's by the end of next week. I've been talking about snow and alot of people got mad at me for talking about snow. I told them its coming sooner or later and that there is no way to avoid it unless they fly else where. Snow! Snow Snow! lol.

Albey

Registered Member
Well i'm not sure what the normal tempature is here in corbin, KY. I just moved here, but from what i hear its been like 20 degs colder than the average. Thats kinda a scary thought. We only get like 4 snow storms with only about 2" of snow so thats no biggie, when i'm from the hills of maryland.

It's going up to 77 here in SE MI today....will this insanity never end???? I am a HUGE fan of the cold weather and cannot wait til things cool off.

On a side note, the trees are changing and look absolutely gorgeous!:D