• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

getting a six-pack, HOW?

Outrageous

hey guys, i just started fitness and im trying to get a sixpack. its starting to form but i got no idea if its just the muscle ache or if its actually there.

pls can someone give me a bit of advice?

greatly appreciated

Shwa

V.I.P.
Sit ups....thats about as basic as they can get. Set a limit to the amount you wanna do (35, 50, 100,m etc) every time you work that area out, eventually after doing the repetition and more you'll see a lot of definition in that area.

When advancing, hold something heavy (weights or something equivilant) to make the work out harder and more intense, that'll add strength and resistance. If you have a gym membership find a machine to work out that core area.

~Shwa

konboye

Registered Member
Shwa, got you covered. Just want to add this, you might want to add jogging or using the thread mill to your workout routine. Stretch before and after your workouts. Watch what you eat, eat more carbs and less protein, drink more water. I am thinking of doing a post about this on my blog. I will post the link here when its ready.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You can get one at your local beer store. Oh you mean on your stomach.

Shwa said it perfectly, do sit-ups, you can also go to the gym and use the pull-up bar to do different types of sit-ups as well. Don't forget to work your sides as well, especially if you want great looking abs.

MisterT

Registered Member
Although doing sit ups is good, without doing any form of cardio this wont work.

Each time you go to the gym do at least 30mis of cardio and then the situps

Outrageous

okay, thanks guys. ive been going to the Gym since i posted this and ive seen a great improvement. its forming quite good. but i still need to work alot longer and harder to get where i want to.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Shwa, got you covered. Just want to add this, you might want to add jogging or using the thread mill to your workout routine. Stretch before and after your workouts. Watch what you eat, eat more carbs and less protein, drink more water. I am thinking of doing a post about this on my blog. I will post the link here when its ready.
I disagree to an extent with this. Surely more protein - he's wanting to build muscle.

I know the guys we sponsor take protein twice a day and the smaller ones use lean gain and creatine (Kre - Alkalyne to stop side effects)

Thats when they're building for definition.

Shwa gives sound advice though. Weights are always great for building lean muscle and definition.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I think when gaining weight instead of toning/leaning the muscles, you would want more carbs to add on when working out. Protein you can find naturally in foods and chicken. But that's my thinking.

~Shwa

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do a lot of core strengthening exercises. This can include situps but there are quite a few things you can do as well.

Of course, if you want to speed things along then you should do cardio to burn any excess fat you have. Doing core exercises is still important though because those will also burn fat around your abs.

Webb

Registered Member
I think you have to use extra bundle when you do sit ups. For examble 5 or 10 kg. Then you muscles grow.
And watch what you eat. Muscels need protein but don't forgive carbs.