Getting A Flat Tire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dabs, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

It happens to just about all of us...but when and if you get a flat tire...do you let loose with the foul language??
    Are you like "sunofafreakingbitch"...or...."phuck, phuck, phuck"......~LoL~
    Or do you take it all in stride, just get out of your vehicle and say "well hell"??
    Me.....I'm a cusser :-o

2. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Haha, "well hell".

I've only had one flat tire and my Dad noticed it before I had set of on my journey, so he fixed it up for me.

If I got a flat tire when I was driving on the road then I think I'd swear like hell to be honest.

idisrsly likes this.
  3. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I take pretty much everything in stride. The first time it happened to me I had to laugh because I was going on a trip that only required about 2 hours of driving. However right as we got on the road. I was like "hmm.. I should have checked the air pressure in my tires." Of course, not even 30 minutes after that my tire blew. After that I had terrible luck with tires on that side of the car. Except they would get totally flat and still feel like they were driving normally, which is so dangerous because it would be hard to notice they were flat.

The funny thing is that everytime I have had a flat, I had a guy with me who have all said the same thing, "I'll change it, it'll look really bad if a girl is changing the tire and a guy is standing there watching."

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

lol @ alisa

i've changed it once, i was on the way to school but my dad drove out to help me since I had never done it before and I didnt have everything in the car to do it. since then he put the tools i need to change one.

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I usually say "shit" then I change it.

6. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I'll mutter something under my breath and then just change it...

7. kitchendame

kitchendame Registered Member

That's the best! May you always be in that situation when you get a flat.

Me, I have road-side assistance insurance. I can change a tire; once I had to (and did), but the next time I was in my best dress and so I phoned road-side assistance. It was so handy I'm going to do the same next time, provided the long wait won't interfere with where I'm going.

I'm not a cusser, per se. Stuff like "rats, rats, rats" will come out of my mouth, but that's about it. And a "dammit" or two have been known to pop out during moments of extreme frustration.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's only happened to me once, my brother was driving me to the ball so I can take the city bus to school. There was a big ice block on the road, there was no way to avoid it, so he ran over it and we got a flat. I was close to the mall, so I just walked the rest.

We didn't have the tools to change the tire in the truck, so my Dad had to come down and give it to my brother. Then my brother changed the tire in -30 outside, he didn't like it all that much.

9. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I wasn't going to give my own answer for fear I'd jinx myself and have a flat, because it's been a long while since I remember ever having a flat tire.
    Maybe 10 years ago..(?)
    But, I am a wimp, I can't get the silly lug nuts off even, I'd have to call someone for help...while I'm doing my cussing.

10. MiloIsYum

MiloIsYum Registered Member

The last time I got a flat, I just broke down lol. I was just like f my life. I had had a really really bad few weeks, I had no money, roadside assistance had just expired, went to look in the boot of my car and realised I hadn't replaced the spare tyre from the last time I got a flat. It was just like a chain of bad events, and felt like somebody 'up there' was just having a laugh with me. So I cried, felt sorry for myself, sucked it up and called my dad. Lol. He solved my problem for me :)