• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Get Rich or Die Trying

merob

Boom!
Turning on the film, I'm sitting here thinking, it's amazing 50cent came up out the ghetto - a regular street thug - and rose to fame, while demonstrating a strong sense of intelligence. I mean if this were true, I'd would consider him a, *quote on quote* "Diamond in the rough". I don't know if I should let this movie change my perspective too much, however; this film is supposed to be a biography, and none of this shit seems real. The story is very vague and unbelievable.
Getting into specifics, I understand his mother was a drug dealer, but it's hard to believe, he'd turn in that direction at such a young age. It was clear she'd at least tried to hide her habit, so why'd he know enough to practically make a million dollars over night. I live in Brooklyn, they're aren't 10year old drug dealers patrolling the corners. Besides, big time drug dealers tend to sell more then weed/"dime bags"'. Also, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say any big time drug dealer isn't going to be under 14 - this kid looks as if he's about 7.
What's real cheesy is, this 30 year old man is making references to RUN DMC tracks, singing gangsta' rap, and wearing Jordan 8's, in what looks like a late 70's/Los Vegas strip off, at the age of 7. Seriously, the guy was born in 1975, in 1985, he'd be about 10. The first pair of fuckin' Jordan's were released that year. Unless he jumped into the future, stole some lyrics from a recent 50cent track, + crack, sneakers, etc, he can't take credit himself for that up bringing. How can I feel comfortable with his story if he's going to linger around with the details like this? Besides, didn't he say his mother was a crack/hoe - not a drug dealer - after his first Cd's release. I could swore she "went missing" before her death; she didn't die in their apartment.
It would have been a nice touch using lyrics form some of his old songs, like rowdy rowdy, but I guess someone wants us to forget about those.
The only thing I can connect with is living through the pain of getting shot 9times. : (

and oh yeah

"I'm a gangster grandpa, and I'm proud of it" - every fucking gangster knows you don't say shit like that. I know real people in the streets are laughing at this fool. I heard he was fake before, but god damn. A lot of people told me this feature was inspirational. However, take it from someone who's actually been on the streets.... 'this film is bullshit'.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
Haven't seen it, don't plan on it. Sounds utterly ridiculous. If I wanted to watch a couple hours of ambiguous bullshit, I'd turn on FOX News.

S

Smoke

SenatorB said:
Haven't seen it, don't plan on it. Sounds utterly ridiculous. If I wanted to watch a couple hours of ambiguous bullshit, I'd turn on FOX News.
Laugh out loud.

I will try to watch it soon.

A friend of mine likes 50 cent but I'm not a fan. So I'm sure the movie will be thrown in my face. I'll let you know my comments later.

Good points though Luc.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just seen this movie and it was just horrible, it was even worst then 8 Mile and I think 8 Mile was so horrible. 50 Cent should keep to is rapping career and stop making movies.

S

Smoke

Vince Carter said:
I just seen this movie and it was just horrible, it was even worst then 8 Mile and I think 8 Mile was so horrible. 50 Cent should keep to is rapping career and stop making movies.
LOL I almost rented it today.

Thx for the heads up.

merob

Boom!
lol. nah, it really is a must see. Some of the lines are so tacky they might make you laugh.

I thought 8mile was a good move actually. There were some good concepts as far as directing. It really took some of the attention off of the non-favorible acting (not that the acting was bad). The story was pretty solid and occassionally deep. What's wrong w/ 8mile?

S

Smoke

Luc said:
lol. nah, it really is a must see. Some of the lines are so tacky they might make you laugh.
lol. I'm so confused.

Like I said this summer my friend will make me watch it, so I'll have mey feedback then.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
I think he's saying it's one of those movies that's just so outright bad, that it's actually good in terms of being funny.

merob

Boom!
exactly.
I think the movie is ment to appeal to suberbian fans. It seems to generate the feel anyone's capable of being a rebel - the guy becomes a drug dealer over night at a young age. The characters weren't developed, so the movie wasn't very progressive. The story was trash. The dialouge was awful @ times (I didn't have a problem with the slang). The main character isn't a decnt actor. It's wonderful watching such a pile of shit.
I actually feel bad about making a mockery out of this film, knowing someone put fourth some what of an effort. However the fact that there was effort involved is what makes things so entertaining. Trust me, it's not a film easy to fall asleep on. There is a decent amount of action and some what suspense. Indivisually, some of the scenes were pretty good, but the movie as a whole was egh.