• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Get ready for the cold.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
An explosive storm that has surpassed the intensity of Superstorm Sandy is set to batter Alaska's Aleutian Islands over the weekend and bring freezing temperatures and snow across the U.S.
The massive storm, with hurricane-force winds and waves 50 feet high, potentially could be one of the most intense to ever hit the North Pacific, weather service forecaster Brian Hurley warned.
After ravaging the small western Alaska islands, the weather system, named Typhoon Nuri, is expected to push cold air into much of the lower 48 states next week, forecaster Bob Oravec said.

Typhoon Nuri to batter Alaska's Aleutian Islands | Daily Mail Online
I'm not ready for the cold. Just thinking about the below normal temps that's coming are enough to make me cringe. I don't see how the people in Alaska do it, especially the ones taking the brunt of this storm. This is suppose to be worse than they are accustom to so I hope they make it through okay.

Are you ready for the below normal cold?

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm always ready for cold temperatures. Unfortunately they really don't start until December in Colorado. Right now we're getting some nice autumn weather though. I love that I can be outside at any time of day and be comfortable.

What I like about the winter is the way it looks, the peacefulness of it all, and the fact that I suddenly have an excuse to burn something pretty much every day. :D But seriously, I like tea, cocoa, reading, fires, etc. What's not to love about winter/cold weather?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I live in Canada, of course I'm ready for the cold :p It's already started here. 0 degrees Celcius is becoming the norm and the weather is starting to take a turn that has all the snowmobilers drooling lolol. Wet, cold, dark and miserable lol.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
What cold? Its only dropping to one high in the 30s F and a few nights in the 20s F so not much. And no snow. =(
It probaly wont get very cold here till December.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
We are going to have below average temperatures which means its probably going to be in the single digits at night and barely creeping above freezing during the day. This time around here probably won't be bad but it looks like we are going to be in for another winter like last. Not crazy about getting up in the morning and it being 10F below zero for days or weeks at a time.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.