• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Get married as an infant in Arkansas?!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seems like a small mistake in Arkansas law makes it so that anybody can be married at ANY age as long as they have parental consent.

Technically a new born baby could get married legally as long as their parents signed the paperwork.

Goof in law allows marriage at any age - Peculiar Postings - MSNBC.com

This will most likely get fixed, but now that the news has gone public I wonder how many people will take advantage of it in the meantime.

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
I've heard that as long as you had the paper work you could get married at any age in ANY state...

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
This sounds retarded. Was it a mistake or did they actually do this on purpose.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Probably just an oversight. There are a lot of oversights in state legislatures. It's funny to see some of the crazy laws or loopholes that are out there.

There was a highschool kid who ran for mayor in one state recently and actually made it in. Being mayor is part time so he just stopped by the office after school and ran the city.

There are a ton of loopholes that are in the system that people just don't know about. Now, would you let your 2 year old get married? Well, I guess if it was true love that's one thing, but seriously... I wonder what ages people get married at in Arkansas, and if anybody has taken advantage of this oversight.