• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Germanwings Airbus crashed on purpose

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
COCKPIT voice recordings from the German jet that crashed in the Alps revealed a pilot left the cockpit and could not get back in moments before his copilot deliberately plunged the aircraft to the ground killing all 150 on-board, the airline has stunningly confirmed.
Germanwings Airbus A320 crash: Copilot ‘wanted to destroy plane’

It was bad enough that it crashed but to know it was done on purpose is horrible. They aren't calling it an act of terrorism but I have to wonder what his motive was for killing all those people. The families of the victims must feel even worse than they already did knowing their loved ones were murdered. My condolences go out to them all.

Thoughts?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
if its a personal suicide mission its not the first of its kind

we may or may not find out why he did it but its tragic to say the least

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If he wanted to commit suicide I don't see why he had to take all those people with him. What in the world could have been his problem to cause him to do this. Fortunately the passengers had no idea what was going on until the last minute.

No this isn't the first time a pilot has crashed a plane on purpose.

Here's a different article about the crash.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/...nwings-plane-into-the-french-alps-prosecutor/

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
Pilots are human beings too. They can have mental breakdowns just the same as anyone else.

I think it can only be classified as mass murder, rather than suicide.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's true Knight that is why the US requires two people to be in the cockpit at all times which many other countries do not. To me that is a no brainer and why airlines waited until now to change their rules is beyond me. What really gets me is Germanwings isn't one of them. Why I don't know its not like this is the first time this has happened.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/26/us-france-crash-cockpits-idUSKBN0MM2XH20150326

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
They're introducing the two person rule here too now ...

Mind you, these things don't necessarily make you safer. Ironically, it was the reinforced cockpit door, a reaction to 9/11, that 'allowed' this tragedy to happen.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If there had been two people in the cockpit I doubt he could have pulled this off.

They are talking about giving pilots annual psychological exams now.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Really, I've not heard that yet.

I've been hearing they are thinking about putting camera's in the cockpit.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Breaking News 2