• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Germans who tried to topple Hitler

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seventy years ago today, three German students were executed in Munich for leading a resistance movement against Hitler. Since then, the members of the White Rose group have become German national heroes - Lilo Furst-Ramdohr was one of them.

White Rose: The Germans who tried to topple Hitler
These were one brave bunch of souls to distribute leaflets that talked against Hitler and have the gestapo after you. Three were executed by guillotine. The allied forces got their hands on the last leaflet and made copies then in the fall of 1943 dropped them by the millions over Germany.

I have to be honest I don't know if I could of done this. Do you think you could be so brave?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
In a word, no.

It was suicidal to speak out against Hitler and his regime I would have just kept my mouth shut on the issue.

Good for them being so brave though...I can't say I woulda done the same thing.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I would say no but who knows. Maybe if you're in their situation and surrounded by atrocities and your own family members are victim of this dreaded person, you feel like you have nothing else to lose. Maybe you'll even die for it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
You are right about that ysabel, if someone hurt my family I might get real brave and want them to suffer too. I might not even care if I got killed doing it.