German Restaurant Offers Human Meat

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by Bubbles, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

That may possibly be one of the weirdest things I've ever heard. But then again we consider eating Dogs Taboo to and yet other Nations or Cultures see no Problem with it.

I think the most bold question that comes to mind in hearing about this is.... If it were true, and it were 100% legal... Would you try it?

I'm assuming since they're willing to cover Hospital bills to take donated flesh that the Human Meat Market is a tad more expensive than Lobster :hah:

3. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

Couldn't pull up the article for some reason. They probably meant Hunan... but that is a Chinese food from what I understand. I know when I drive by a chinese resteraunt they often mispell Hunan to Human. Wierd. And no I will not try a human thigh

4. sirleo09

sirleo09 Registered Member

:suicide: Eugh...Wait...where do they get the humans anyway? You don't just find one grazing on the paddocks and kill it. And do they hang the corpses in the restaurants like they hang the cows and chickens...? :-o

Anyway, I wouldn't imagine eating human meat. Actually I wouldn't eat any meat other than beef, pork, bacon etc, the "normal" ones.

Ugh...I won't say cheers anymore...

Leo

5. anmracing

anmracing Registered Member

I understand that human flesh tastes the same as bacon. :lol: Couldn't be all that bad..... I'm thinking BBQ is the way to go.

Here's the article for ya'.

Lawrence Mijares - News Room Administrators Contributor
    Berlin, Germany (NewsBahn) - Advertisements have cropped up in Berlin announcing the opening of a new restaurant, Flimé, in September suggesting that human flesh will be on the menu.
    [​IMG]
    Flimé’s website boldly declares, "Donors wanted! Become a member today! After the medical check, you can decide which body part you want to donate! Flimé only covers the costs for hospitalization.... The designated use of the donated body part is free to Flimé." It also announced a job opening for an “open minded surgeon.”
    It goes on to list its menu based on "Wari cuisine," referring to the indigenous Waricaca tribe in the Amazon rainforest in Brazil who previously engaged in the cannibalistic ritual of eating their enemies killed in battle.
    The location of the restaurant is still unannounced and speculation is rife that the ads may be a hoax and publicity stunt, although a restaurant spokesman interviewed on Spiegel Online insisted that Flimé is no joke.
    "I am assuming it is a misguided joke. But it is disgusting. In particular because a resident of Berlin was murdered by a cannibal not too long ago," commented Michael Braun, deputy floor leader for the conservative Christian Democrats in the Berlin state parliament, presumably referring to Armin Meiwes, who was sentenced in 2006 to life imprisonment for killing and eating a Berlin resident who consented to the act five years before.

Read more: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7019728341#ixzz11QXfzNIs

6. wolfy

wolfy Registered Member

Ew..
    I wouldn't eat any animal, including a human.

7. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Aren't there laws against cannibalism in first world countries? If there isn't, there SHOULD be. I've heard rumours and seen documentaries where they say once you eat human flesh, you will always have a craving for it? The last thing we need is a flesh-eating nation. Seriously.

8. Sim

Sim Registered Member

It's not a new thing, isn't it? Catholics have been eating the body of Christ for centuries and drinking his blood (it's not just a symbol, but Catholic theology says the bread actually becomes literally the body of Christ).

So it's really just a variation on an old theme. :lol:

icegoat63 likes this.
  9. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Umm, no, not the same at all! :lol:
    But I take it you were joking with this? :-/

10. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I feel bad for whoever's going to have to carve dead folks up into delicious edible slabs. :) Doesn't sound like something I'd want to eat, but y'know....

Really, though, I'd bet dimes to dollars this is just a publicity stunt. Something's going to happen to where the restaurant isn't going to go through with this, and then they'll just bask in all the monies resulting from the attention.

Also, Cannibalism isn't exactly healthy by my understanding, since we're pretty susceptible to diseases that effect humans. I suppose with proper preparation it might not be so bad, but mad cow disease did start because cows were being fed cow (a delightful thought, right?). Those cultures where cannibalism is practiced mainly do it to honor the dead, and I'm fairly certain they face health problems from it, so I wonder how the German version of the FDA (assuming Germany has such a thing) is going to respond to this. AAA Choice Approved Human Steaks?