• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gerard Way (MCR) Vocal Style

Arathald

Registered Member
So I like My Chemical Romance quite a bit, and i like how Gerard Way's voice sounds. Being more classically trained, my own voice is much cleaner than his, and I have a very hard time reproducing the dirtier, grungier sound he sings with. I do really well with pop and folk rock, but when I try to sing something like MCR, my voice just sounds plain silly.

I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to reproduce that style of singing -- my company is having a competition during a party in a couple of months, so this seems like as good a time as any to learn a new vocal technique. Is this related to the vocal fry (used for screaming), or is it a different technique altogether?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Konshentz Movies & TV 16
English-Emo-Boy Music 11
padd Food & Beverage 0
Darksyde Sports 6