Georgia Tech

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by BigBob, Sep 10, 2009.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

There's been a lot of hype for the Yellow Jacket's since Calvin Johnson was there.. and with their Triple-Option Offense, you'd think they'd be predictable.. but after today's beating they gave Clemson in the 1st quarter, they are looking like the real deal.

82-yard rushing touchdown, 85-yard punt return for a touchdown and a 34-yard pass from the kicker for a touchdown.

Their just an explosive team and look for them to top the ACC for years to come.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

They're a good team, but not great or anything. They should compete for the ACC title this year just because the conference is so shitty.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I think it's one of the better conferences in the country. I don't care what they've been doing lately, their one of the best conferences.

4. Major

What the hell are you smoking, Bob? The ACC has been one of the worst conferences, BCS or not, so far this year.

Virginia is 0-2, including a loss to a I-AA team.
    Duke lost to a I-AA team.
    FSU almost lost to a I-AA team.
    Wake lost to Baylor.
    NC State scored 3 points against South Carolina.
    Maryland lost to Cal by 39 and won in overtime against a I-AA team.
    None of the other teams have any notable non-conference wins.

I'd say the ACC is better than the Big East and worse than the Mountain West right now.

5. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

If you go back and read my post, I said.. I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY'VE BEEN DOING LATELY, their one of the best conferences.

So I acknowledge their doing bad this year, but when you go up against a team like Miami, North Carolina, Florida State, Wake, Tech.. you better prepare.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  6. Major

What are you basing this on then?

I don't care what they've been doing lately, San Jose State is one of the best teams in the country. See how dumb that sounds?

In this day and age in college football you better prepare against EVERY team you play, evidenced by some of the close games and big upsets we've seen already this year. There is nothing special about any of the ACC teams.

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Saying there's nothing special about the ACC is like saying there's nothing special about any team in the NCAA.

Your opinion is that the ACC is nothing, mine is that they are.

8. Major

The difference between your opinion and my opinion is that mine is based on results and yours isn't.

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Why, because there's been two weeks played in this college season?

The difference is you're looking at 2 weeks and I'm looking at what they've done the last couple years.

Miami, Florida State, GT, Tech, Wake.. at any time have the ability to defeat the top teams because of their skill.

You act like I'm just making stuff up.

10. Major

College teams can change so much from year to year because of players only playing a few years, coaching/scheme changes, or whatever else. Just look at Illinois in '07 compared to '08. Regardless, what has ANY ACC team done the last two years? Wake has been decent, Georgia Tech has been decent, Boston College has been decent (with Matt Ryan). Florida State and Miami have been down. Every other school is either stuck in mediocrity (Clemson, Maryland) or is downright terrible (Virginia, Duke, NC State). Virginia Tech is perennially the most overrated team in the country.