• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Georgia Introduces Gun Seizure Bill

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Six Democrats in Georgia’s state House of Representatives unveiled a bill on Jan. 11 that would “require seizure” of “certain weaponry and ammunition” that is deemed as contraband, effectively banning “assault weapons” and “large-capacity magazines.

The text of the bill goes on to say that certain weapons would be required to be seized by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, with increased penalties for use and possession of machine guns, among other related regulations.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-chill-down-the-spines-of-georgia-gun-owners/

Large capacity to them means anything that holds 10 bullets or more and this also includes semi automatic rifles. I guess they want people to move to another state.

Thoughts?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Such a bill would never pass in Georgia, where Republicans have large majorities in both the House and Senate. The article's title is total clickbait.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Maybe it wouldn't pass but I think people should know about the mindset of some politicians.

Most articles do use tittles to get you to click on them.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Most articles do use tittles to get you to click on them.
Sure, but catchy titles aren't necessarily clickbait. Clickbait is more sensationalist in nature.

Look at the difference in these two titles...

1. "Read the Gun ‘Seizure’ Bill Introduced by Democrats That Will Likely Send a Chill Down the Spines of Georgia Gun Owners." - theblaze

2. "Georgia Democrats File Bill To Outlaw, Confiscate Common Guns" - bearingarms.com

Not only is the first one less descriptive than the second, but for whatever reason they also felt the need to speculate on the emotions of Georgia gun owners. It's unprofessional.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Blaze readers enjoy a sugary coating with their news along with a hefty dollop of liberal terror. Not a surprising title.

It won't pass because Americans are not going to give up their guns. Plain and simple. America's gun problem is there, but I don't think it's to the magnitude that the media wants you to think.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sure, but catchy titles aren't necessarily clickbait. Clickbait is more sensationalist in nature.

Look at the difference in these two titles...

1. "Read the Gun ‘Seizure’ Bill Introduced by Democrats That Will Likely Send a Chill Down the Spines of Georgia Gun Owners." - theblaze

2. "Georgia Democrats File Bill To Outlaw, Confiscate Common Guns" - bearingarms.com

Not only is the first one less descriptive than the second, but for whatever reason they also felt the need to speculate on the emotions of Georgia gun owners. It's unprofessional.
I have to admit I like the second title better but they both say about the same thing. That is the reason I didn't go with the Blazes entire title when I made this thread. I think mine pretty much says it.