• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Georgia Gun Bill Passed Crazy or Not?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The law also removes the need for those seeking a renewal of gun licenses to get fingerprinted.
Why? How is this helping anything? It's a step backwards.

I don't see the location being a problem, I just get worried when we reduce the paper trail and remove regulations because no matter where the armed individual is, if they are being given the ability to own guns without thorough licensing and education then we all lose.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The one thing that would scare me is guns in bars. I don't think people are responsible enough to safely carry guns while under the influence. If it's illegal to operate a car while intoxicated, then I think carrying guns should be as well. Mixing alcohol with guns just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
There was a shooting at my church years ago. The man was stopped by someone with a gun. He died but he also killed others. It was truly tragic.

I want to point out that this bill is superfluous to the 2nd amendment, which even I don't fully support as it allows for citizen ownership of rocket launchers etc.

A gun in the hands of a responsible person is a good thing. I don't agree with all these bull crap "gun free zones" like schools and whatnot. That's where a lot of shootings happen. There is a reason for that.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't agree with all these bull crap "gun free zones" like schools and whatnot. That's where a lot of shootings happen. There is a reason for that.
In the case of school shootings, there could be a lot of reasons.

1. Killing children is a sure-fire way to get the most attention worldwide.

2. There are a lot of people in a relatively confined area.

3. Most of the people are children, who are too small or too scared to be a threat to the shooter.

4. There could be some kind of psychological connection to schools. Perhaps the shooter was bullied at school and sees this as a way of getting revenge. This was certainly the case at Columbine.

I think it's bullshit to say that the safety of gun-free zones is the only reason or even the main reason that shooters might choose those locations.

dDave

V.I.P.
I think sometimes certain things need to be talked about longer before making decisions.
Should guns even be allowed in places of worship? I don't believe so.
Georgia gun law ready for signing: Bill will allow firearms in bars, churches - Washington Times
Why should guns not be allowed in places of worship? Is there a specific reason you feel that way?

Why? How is this helping anything? It's a step backwards.

I don't see the location being a problem, I just get worried when we reduce the paper trail and remove regulations because no matter where the armed individual is, if they are being given the ability to own guns without thorough licensing and education then we all lose.
I, actually agree. It's a step backwards.

The one thing that would scare me is guns in bars. I don't think people are responsible enough to safely carry guns while under the influence. If it's illegal to operate a car while intoxicated, then I think carrying guns should be as well. Mixing alcohol with guns just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.
This isn't something we hear a lot about but I'm sure it has definitely been an issue before. I think drunk shooting should be enforced similarly to drunk driving.

There was a shooting at my church years ago. The man was stopped by someone with a gun. He died but he also killed others. It was truly tragic.

I want to point out that this bill is superfluous to the 2nd amendment, which even I don't fully support as it allows for citizen ownership of rocket launchers etc.

A gun in the hands of a responsible person is a good thing. I don't agree with all these bull crap "gun free zones" like schools and whatnot. That's where a lot of shootings happen. There is a reason for that.
That was a scary day. We walked through the scene of the shooting less than a minute before it happened.

I do think gun free zones are kind of stupid. To a shooter it's like an advertisement saying "Nobody here has guns, nobody here will be able to stop you." In a way it makes it a preferential place for a shooter to go.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have no problem with guns at bars, churches or schools. I think if your drunk it should be illegal to have one just like its illegal to drive a car. However the bar owner might like to carry one. I don't think there should be gun free zones. The only people that will follow that rule is a law abiding citizen. If someone wants to do harm they'll have one anyway.

If its a renewal of a gun license then they probably already have been fingerprinted. If so then I would have no problem with this as long as there is proper identification showing they are who they say they are. You could still run their name to make sure they aren't wanted for something.