• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

George Washington’s inspirational sayings.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Today is the day we observe Washington's birthday, he was actually born on February 22. In honor of our most famous leader that was instrumental in us winning the Revolutionary War I thought we would pick our favorite saying's by him.

“If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”

Read some of George Washington’s most inspirational sayings
I guess this one is mine because without freedom of speech nothing will be said when a government preys upon its people.

What about you?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
One of the best speeches ever written by anyone was his Farewell Address. Many think Hamilton wrote much of it, but either way it's one of my favorites (a close tie with Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address).

This is one of my favorite parts:

Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connections with private and public felicity. Let it simply be asked: Where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths which are the instruments of investigation in courts of justice ? And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.