George Laraque

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

George Laraque was bought out by the Canadiens a few weeks ago. I was pretty mad when Martin said that he didn't fit in his team. The Canadiens lost some toughness when George "left" the team.

Now my question is this, would you take a change on Laraque? You know what he brings to the table. He's one of the toughest SOB's in the NHL.

Thoughts?

2. CarlZner

CarlZner New Member

I'd have a series of convos with big George. For one I don't think he did enough fighting in Montreal. He wasn't being a nasty bugger like how he usually is. One thing people don't realize is hes good with the puck down low, hes a strong guy and when hes on the cycle its hard to get the puck from him. For a decent price and knowing you will get a big physical George oh yeah I'd take a chance on him.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I would defiantly take a chance on him. I thought it was stupid when the Penguins let him go a few years ago. He's one of those players when he's on the opposing team, or just on the ice in general.. you know the other players are just thinking.. shit, now I gotta be on my best behavior. haha

4. Beef

Beef Registered Member

Just for how good he is in the community I would bring him in. I would also have a sit down with him and make sure he is willing to drop the mitts on a regular basis. Part of the issue with him a few years ago was a lack of willing competition. Now I'm not sure if he still has the fight in him, although with the way things ended in Montreal he may feel he has somethign to prove.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That's one thing that always bothered me, Laraque was known around the league to be arguably the best fighter. Only a select few would drop the gloves with him.

I always believed that the canadiens gave him to much money, but he did his job. If you follow hockey than you know that Montreal are known to have a small team. Bigger players always picked on Montreal's smaller players, but with Big bad George in the lineup, it didn't happen as often.

We could of used his services against the Flyers.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I agree. He's worth signing just for the scare factor. Haha. He'd be worth it if you could get a good price for him.

7. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

You've got to have guys like him on your team if you want to win a championship IMO. Look at Dustin Byfuglien...those guys are winners. Granted byfuglien had a lot more offensive skill but my point is you need guys with gritt and guys with a mean streak.

8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Sharks should get him. They have little grit left with Blake retiring and Malhotra leaving. Murray is the only thing left. Haha.