George Bush is Schizophrentic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mecha, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Mecha

Mecha Guest

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

That's more of a Bipolar/Multiple Personality kind of thing. Schizo is different.
    I saw that episode when I was visiting my dad.

3. merob

merob Boom!

The skit was funny but I doubt he's skitzo. All I've learned is he's not well spoken - who doesn't know that?

4. IntheNet

IntheNet Guest

I don't think much of The Daily Show as a comedy; poor jokes and tired anaologies... it's liberal leftward message, much like other media, is also tired. I suppose such a comedy is good material for Dems who have lived these last few years saying "Bush is Bad" and that's about it... if they wish to be reminded of that message than such a comedy may be their daily coursework. Thinking people have no need for such foolishness.

5. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Yep, it's just those darned leftist liberals that think he's a poor excuse for a president.

Among all Americans, 36% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 58% disapprove. When it comes to Bush's handling of the economy, 32% approve and 62% disapprove. Among Americans registered to vote, 36% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 59% disapprove. When it comes to the way Bush is handling the economy, 31% of registered voters approve of the way Bush is handling the economy and 64% disapprove.

Source

A remarkable number of honest conservatives have rejected the Bush re-election campaign. As Scott McConnell, the executive editor of the American Conservative magazine, wrote last week, "George W. Bush has come to embody a politics that is antithetical to almost any kind of thoughtful conservatism. His international policies have been based on the hopelessly naive belief that foreign peoples are eager to be liberated by American enemies - a notion more grounded in Leon Trotsky's concept of global revolution than any sort of conservative statecraft."

This has been a long, strange political year. But there is something reassuring about the fact that, at the end of the day, honest progressives and honest conservatives have come to so many of the same conclusions regarding the presidential contest. It is not a matter of agreeing on issues, but rather of recognizing the truth of the political moment. As former Kentucky Sen. Marlow Cook, a conservative Republican, said when he endorsed Kerry, "For me, as a Republican, I feel that when my party gives me a dangerous leader who flouts the truth, takes the country into an undeclared war and then adds a war on terrorism to it without debate by the Congress, we have a duty to rid ourselves of those who are taking our country on a perilous ride in the wrong direction."

Source

With deficits and debt swelling to epic levels, an economy showing massive cracks, and support for America crumbling abroad, the Bush administration finds itself increasingly isolated. With mid-term elections looming in November, the President is now widely seen as a political liability. Republicans are actively distancing themselves from Bush, and joining Democrats in strident critiques of the White House. And things may be getting worse. Last week, court documents emerged showing Scooter Libby, former chief of staff to Vice-President Dick Cheney, testified that Bush authorized the leak of sensitive intelligence to shore up support and discredit critics of the Iraq war, raising, for the first time, the possibility that the President may be personally implicated in a scandal.

With just a few years left in his mandate, historians say George W. Bush has no such achievements to offset the grievous cost of Iraq in blood and treasure. Despite the biggest federal spending spree in more than a generation, the Bush White House has produced no transformational vision for domestic policy. His massive tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 have neither sparked the economy nor bolstered his popularity. They have, however, exacerbated a fiscal crisis that threatens to undermine the very basis of the American state. "It used to be a part of the American character to believe in delaying gratification, and saving for the future," McElvaine says. "But it seems the future is being ignored in spectacular fashion by this administration."

Source

If you'd like to discuss his credibility here's a good place to brush up on your Bushisms before you do.

Credibility

Hoosier.

6. IntheNet

IntheNet Guest

Hoosier: Of course a lame-duck president, in his second term, is not going to attract lots of support. Other conservatives are seperating themselves from Bush to run in 2008. That is how politics work. These politicians have no need to support Bush (still the leader of the party) as they are seeking office and wsh to seperate themselves from Bush.

Many of the issues Dems threw at President Bush have backfired! Take the CIA Operative issue, Valerie Plame, that Dems said Bush and his staff outed. Turns out it was State Department official Richard Armitage was the guilty party, not Rove, Libbey, Cheney or Bush. Take the WMD issue in Iraq that Dems said Bush lied about. Turns out the best intelligence from the USA, the UN, British M5, and Soviet sources prior to Iraq invasion did indicate that Iraq had WMD.

Bush's approval ratings now are average for a lame duck president in his second term. I believe he has done a good shop, has prevented further acts of terrorism in this nation, and kept the unemployment rate low and new jobs high through tax cuts, despite what the liberal lefties say.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I saw the skit thought it was humorous despite alot of the daily show clip shows of Bush always set him up in a bad light. The daily show is one of my favorite shows.

Inthenet why title under your name Khristian/Komplex/Karing looks like an implied acronym for the KKK???

8. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I believe that was Mal's doing. My old one on him has long since been erased.

Given how often I watch TDS, I probably saw it at one time or another. They kinda blur together eventually.

Kaz

9. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Funny stuff... I think that while obviously skewing things towards that specific point of view, it's still hilarious, as well as bringing up some good issues. I don't have a TV, so I don't watch it as much as I'd like to, but I always get a good laugh out of it when I do. The Colbert Report is even funnier though, surprising cause it came from The Daily Show.