Genius characters in anime

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
I'm referring to geniuses in thinking, not skills. You know the ones I'm talking about - the ones that give you a vicarious sense of intelligence. I want characters that display intelligence, and not ones that are just portrayed as intelligent.

Please post the characters, the anime, and their rating out of 10.

Light and L , Death Note, 9
Lelouch, Code Geass, 9
Kaiji, Kaiji, 8
Shikamaru, Naruto, 6
Aizen, Bleach, 6
Sasuke, Kakashi, Naruto, 7

Last edited:

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Nearly everyone in Naruto show some sense of "Genius" in the way they think.

Take...Orochimaru for instance, he was very clever in the abduction and death of the Kazekage, and his whole plot to kill the 3rd was nothing short of amazing. He is one of the legendary Sanin after all.

Rating: 10.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
Nearly everyone in Naruto show some sense of "Genius" in the way they think.

Take...Orochimaru for instance, he was very clever in the abduction and death of the Kazekage, and his whole plot to kill the 3rd was nothing short of amazing. He is one of the legendary Sanin after all.

Rating: 10.
That's true. Even Naruto's plan to defeat Zabuza was genius. But I'm talking about consistent genius. Yeah, Orochimaru fits.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yeah, I thought of Light and L immediately. It's one of the things I enjoyed the most with Death Note (aside from the premise of the story). The way they think and the "battle" between their minds was really fascinating for me.

Falsesigh

Registered Member
A, I remember Len Tsukimori - musical genius; and Shinichi Kudo - the junior detective; also Kazuma Asuma - he's not only a genius baker but he's also good at math.

I think Lelouch is the front runner here. Basically a high school student who takes on the entire world with only his intellect. You could say the same for Light, but he was never facing Military strategists. Lelouch also learns from his errors. Light just seemed to fall for more and more traps as the series progressed.

But enough Code Geass fanboyism(?)

I think everyone in Naruto at one point or another has had some sort of incredible genius move that wins them the battle. But if it came down to just basic smarts Shikamaru uses battle tactics the most wisely.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The anime I'm watching now, there's a guy called Naoki (Itazura Na Liss) and he's top of his class and only needs to read once to memorise something. And also that dude from Special A, Kei Takishima...who seem to be able to do just anything. While they're portrayed as geniuses though, it wasn't that vital in the story to use their brains (but just to know that they are) unlike with L and Light.

Well, there are a lot of intelligent anime characters out there, but, off the top of my head:

Ami, Sailor Moon, 9
Shuuichi Minamino (Kurama), Yu Yu Hakusho, 9
Yuu Kaito, Yu Yu Hakusho, 10
Edward and Alphonse Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, 8
Uryu Ishida, Bleach, 8
Ken Ichijouji, Digimon, 7

Oops, forgot someone:
Seto Kaiba, Yu-Gi-Oh, 8

I just noticed that for these characters to be so smart, they have little to no social skills......