XBOX Original Generic multiplayer mode a let down?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dk_rare, Nov 4, 2005.

1. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

I got this game thinking it will be all awesome and everything, but I found that the multiplayer mode seemed to lack that Rare magic, it seemed to just be very generic, like it would fit just any old game, and didn't do the originals (awesome) multiplayer mode justice. Anyone remember The Beach? Or Hiest? Flags? Colours!?! None of them made it.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I thought this game was more of a port of the original than anything else? How much of it was new material? Did they have other modes to replace the ones taken out?

3. dk_rare

The solo game is exactly the same, except the graphics have been updated to a notch just above the top. Sound is the same, but has been sampled much higher. But it is exactly the same in terms of content.

Multiplayer, this is what annoyed me, they took out the brilliant multiplayer that was in the original, and replaced it with a multiplayer game that is frantic and a lot like Fur Fighters (if it had multiplayer). I'm sure it is to some peoples tastes, but it lacks the sheer insane fun that the original had and is very gritty, like bombs flying everywhere and stuff. On the up side, it does to vehicles quite well, all things considered.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Bad Fur Day was awesome, I loved that game. I was totally looking forward to Live and Reloaded but it didn't get very good reviews so I didn't buy it. I heard the singleplayer is pretty much the same, except they cut a few parts out. And it's pretty dumb how it's still censored. The game's rated M, is it not? Let them use the F-word for christ's sake! But yeah, the multiplayer just doesn't look as fun as the first game.

5. dk_rare

The multiplayer just sucked : ( I'm sure it is fun when you get into it, but it shouldn't just be fun, it should be quirky! There is better things than just shooting each other on maps that would be better suited to a FPS.

There is a nice joke at the begining of the solo player game mind, worth it for that : )

I am hoping BFD will be offered as a download game on the Rev, as I really miss the original : (

6. Major

I don't think they can, since it's owned by Rare.

7. dk_rare

They would work hard for it though, right? And if Rare (Microsoft) can get 50 cents per download or summat, then would they really say no to licencing old games? (I don't actually know the planned pricing on download games, btw)

8. Major

I'm guessing Microsoft would say no since Revolution will be competing against 360.

9. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

but remember, we dont know all the details of the sale to MS...

It could concievably be releases for d/l on revo, just look how many games Rare has released since being sold off.. 2 whole MS games, and like 6-7 GBA games... its still plausable

10. Major

Rare is still making games for GBA? I didn't know that. I guess it's possible that Rare games will be available for download of Revolution, but I think it's unlikely. Hopefully you're right though. I don't think I'd be downloading Bad Fur Day anyway since I already have it on N64. I'd mostly be downloading NES and SNES games.