• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GeneralForum's MLB Divisional Series Discussion

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Classy sendoff of Bobby Cox last night. Great to see the Giants halt their celebration to honor a great manager. San Fran is a good ball team, they could make it a series with Philadelphia.

Normally I would say Tampa Bay has heavy momentum on their side tonight but Cliff Lee is an absolute stopper. I think Lee comes up big tonight and sends the Rangers on to the ALCS.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree, that was a very classy sendoff for Bobby Cox. Lincecum and Doc in game 1, should be a great matchup. I'm rooting for the Phils and while the odds are he won't throw a no-hitter I hope to see another dominating performance by Doc.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm hoping for another great performance from Halladay. He didn't work really that hard in his first game, and he'll be well rested come Saturday. I'll definitely be glued to the television set when the game starts.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
By the way, why do the NLCS start Saturday Bud? Why can't it start tomorrow? I'm really sick of all these off days during the playoffs, just a personal peeve of mine.

1-0 Texas, sick base-running by Andrus to score 2nd to home on a grounder.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totally agree with you, it makes no sense that they wait till Saturday to start the NLCS.

Rangers won yesterday's game 5-1, another dominant performance by Cliff Lee. He threw nine innings and only allowed one run. I'm extremely happy to see the Rangers eliminate the Devil Rays since I can't stand them. New York vs Texas should be an exciting series.

I'm looking forward to the next round.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yeah I'm looking forward to the next round, it would be nice to see the Rangers beat the Yanks.

I have no idea but I was wondering the same thing, why are we waiting for Saturday for the Phils/Giants game?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Next year the schedule is moving up (starting at the end of March) so that they are finished before November and that's fine BUT the reason is partially because there's too much time in between series' right now. I dont get it...these guys are already used to playing every day!

Cliff Lee, what can ya say about this guy? He's unreal.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Cliff Lee says pay me time this offseason.

First off, congrats to the Rangers for their first series win in franchise history. I think any of the four teams left can win it all. They all got one great ace with good pitching backing them up and they can all hit ball. The Yanks and Phils are still the favorites, but I wouldn't be surprised by any combination in the World Series.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The only negative thing about Cliff Lee is that he can't pitch on three days rest, like he proved last season. Which is the biggest reasons the Phillies didn't decide to keep him. It might be different this year, but I have a real hard time believing it.