• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GeneralForum's MLB Divisional Series Discussion

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Fuck me. I am absolutely speechless. That was unreal to watch. I am so happy Roy is finally getting a chance to showcase his stuff at the playoff level.

I cant even formulate good words right now. Awesome. Just Awesome.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another thing I forgot to add is that I'm extremely happy that this was done on the big stage where everyone was watching. Now Americans know why Jays fans kept saying that Roy Halladay was the best pitcher in Baseball while he was in Toronto. The die hard fans believed us, but the average fans always kept saying that it was someone else.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love the term that they are already coining..."Doctober," it fits, haha.

He's always been an awesome pitcher but you're right getting on this stage is so huge for him and look what he does, he delivers. I swear his ball moves more then anybody's in the league. His fastball moves. He's unreal.
------
Anybody hear what Orlando Cabrera said after the game?

Enjoy...

Orlando Cabrera thought home plate umpire John Hirschbeck had a lot to do with Roy Halladays no-hitter.
It was a bad combination with John back there, Cabrera said. He gave him every single pitch. A guy like Halladay feeds like that. It makes it nearly impossible with a guy like that. He can hit every single corner, and he was low in the zone.
He and the umpire threw a no-hitter. Another umpire and another zone, he wouldnt have been able to throw a game like that. Basically, he was getting every pitch. We had no chance.
This is why I hate the Reds. They are the whining bitches.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's just pathetic, Halladay had tremendous control, and you can see that 95% of his strikes were actually in the strikezone. They had the radar going all game. Cabrera is just being a huge baby, and he can't admit that the Reds got no-hitted by Roy Halladay.

At least Dusty Baker game Roy some props at the end of the game.

If the Reds don't get swept and Halladay has another chance to pitch against them, the comments from Orlando will just fuel Halladay.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Fuck Orlando Cabrera, whiny asshole.

Tough loss for the Twins last night. They need to win tonight or that is the first series over. They can compete with the Yanks and I still think they can win this series. Hopefully their pitching agrees, because of all the talk about the weak Yankee rotation behind Sabathia, Minnesota's is no better.

Holy shit Texas. How lifeless has Tampa looked? This one very well could be a sweep. I can't believe the noise level at Tropicana, sounds like a junior hockey game in Canada. Legit, with the low murmurs and the distant blowhorns.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I knew that the Rays wouldn't be able to handle the Rangers. I never thought that the Rays were that good of a team, don't get me wrong they had a great season, but what I mean is I didn't believe they would be able to win a series in the playoffs. I know it's not over yet, but the Rangers have been dominating the series thus far. I really hope they sweep.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I knew that the Rays wouldn't be able to handle the Rangers. I never thought that the Rays were that good of a team, don't get me wrong they had a great season, but what I mean is I didn't believe they would be able to win a series in the playoffs. I know it's not over yet, but the Rangers have been dominating the series thus far. I really hope they sweep.
I think we will see a sweep and to be honest, I didn't really see this coming. Behind Lee, the Rangers don't have much experience pitching and for a ton of those guys on Texas its their first go around in the playoffs. I really try not to discount experience because it usually is a big factor. The Rangers though, have been swinging the bats extremely well, carrying it over from the regular season. No playoff jitters there.

Dominating performance from Lincecum last night. The Giants have the pitching to match up with anyone, IMO. They don't have a ton of expectations but I wouldn't be surprised to see them reach the WS. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Braves bounce 'em. It's a tight series.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Fourteen strikeouts by Lincercum is simply rediculous. I knew that you would see the best of him. When he's on his game, it's really hard to get a hit off him.

The Yankees also took a 2-0 series last night by defeating the Twins 5-2. Minnesota seemed to be in the game in the early half, but the Yankees just scored a few runs in the late innings and wouldn't able to get hits off Wood and Mariano.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Orlando Cabrera just got hurt, karma's a bitch a suppose.

Certainly a much better performance from the Reds tonight. They are showing that they can definitely make this a series. Arroyo has done a good job so far slowing down the bats of the Phillies.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Giants were able to beat the Braves last night. This is going to be a great series between the Phillies and Giants. During the first game we have Roy Halladay vs Tim Lincercum, that should be great to watch.

Price vs Lee today for the deciding game, Lee was able to out-pitch Price in game one, hopefully it will be the same this time around.