• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

General TV shows discussions

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This thread is mostly for television shows that don’t really deserve its own thread. So, let’s hear it, what are you watching now? Have you just finished a TV series? If so, what are your thoughts?

Just remember, avoid posting spoilers, please.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The Blacklist is excellent. Easily the best show on network TV. James Spader was born to play that role. The third season is possibly the best yet, well, at least 8 episodes in. Just waiting for the holiday hiatus to end.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm almost done with Jessica Jones. I thought it deserved its own thread but I was too lazy to make it. What a great show. I'm excited for the Luke Cage show that Netflix is making right now.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'll try to make a Jessica Jones thread sometime soon that's more in-depth (or a Marvel Netflix Series discussion thread may be more appropriate). Jessica Jones was phenomenal. What's surprising to me is that I liked it just as much as Daredevil even though the Man Without Fear is one of my favorite characters in comics. As a comic reader, I'm hoping that she gets the treatment in books that she does in this show - she's around, but normally more of a background character sometimes. I highly recommend the show because it's accessible to people that aren't really fans of comic books or heavy super heroey (that's a word now) storytelling. Powers are there but it's really a great detective show and a good human story.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I started to re-watch Boston Public. I'm seven episodes in the first season. It's the first time I've seen an episode since they cancelled the show.

I forgot how good the show was. It was definitely ahead of its time. A lot of storylines are a bit exaggerated, but it's definitely stuff that happens in schools in this day and age.

Also, it's interesting to see cameo's from actors and actresses that are pretty well known today. They were just getting in to the business at that time.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Superstore is pretty funny. It's no The Office, but as far as workplace sitcoms go, it's still quite good. I can also relate, laugh and shake my head at a lot of what's going on. Retail jobs are the worst. Haha.

thealigator

Registered Member
Two of my favourite shows are due to start this month. Season 11 of "Its always Sunny in Philadelphia" starts in the US tonight and the conclusion of Suits season 5 is due to start again very soon.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I started watching Making a Murderer on Netflix the other day. Only watched the first episode so far. I was kind of hesitant to watch this series because I didn't want to put 10 hours into a documentary, but I've heard so many good things about it.

thealigator

Registered Member
Season 11!? Holy shit. I haven't seen anything after season 3. I really should get back into that.
I would recommend it, for me it's one of the few shows that just doesn't get old. The characters just go from horrible to downright appalling and it's wonderful to see.