General Questions

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
My junior year in high school is about to start, and I just realized that I'm going to be bombarded with questions like "What's Up?" and "How was your summer?"

I can never think of any good answers to those kinds of questions. I always end up saying "I don't know" or "Nothing much", but I hate saying that.

How do you guys deal with these kinds of general questions?

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
Since they dont' except those questions anymore and the higher the grade the more they expect you to write about your summer so....

Naturally now I just talk about days in the summer that stood out to me and I can remember the most. Don't be afraid to bend the truth alittle, as long as it's not farfetched your teacher will surely believe it.

If you don't want to do that then talk about how you help around the house all summer, or you went and helped your friend's parents etc.

NEVER talk about a trip....even after you write the paper they keep asking you questions about it to juice everything out of you if their not satisfied, I hade to learn the hard way about this one T_T

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Whenever somebody asks me how my summer was I just tell them it was normal and just highlight some of the main and best things of the summer but dont go to far into details because then they'll ask more questions.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Tell em to " To shut-up and mind their own fucking business asshole!"

But in all seriousness usually I say not much usually when I was your age.

But when in college it was usually "work". However, I found usually I would talk about the college kids I hung out with or now that people are more scattered since graduating tell them about who I ran into who had already graduate. Maybe some concerts I went to my internship. Currently I talk about my job hunt.

Oxy you went to vegas man. Talk about how you got some hookers and won 10k in poker.

If you are worried about your summer being too mundane for the masses, just make up a rediculiously awesome story, like you went to the beach where a bunch of swimsuit models were nude tanning, and they asked you to lotion them up. If anyone questions you, throw salt in their eyes and run. It always works.

The more general the question, the more general the action... "sup" warrants "not much"... "how was your summer" warrants "pretty good" and maybe a short summary such as "hung out a lot, and went to the beach a few times" or whatever you did. If you want to turn it into an actual conversation, rather than just a triviality, go into detail about some specific event of the summer... or better yet if you had a boring summer, just ask them about theirs.