General Forum's Player Of The Season

Discussion in 'Football / Soccer' started by English-Emo-Boy, May 18, 2009.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

So the English Premier League season has almost come to the exciting conclusion that many expected.

But who has been the best player this season for you, it would be good to hear what the members of general forum think.

Steven Gerrard won the football writers player of the season and Giggs won the player's player of the season.

But it's the GF's player of the season which is most coverted!!

Forgot to add a poll, can you edit this Hybrix, so I can include a poll?

Last edited: May 18, 2009

2. AfroLeon

AfroLeon Registered Member

I still don't understand how Giggs won the Players player of the year, yes he is a great footballer, but how many appearances has he made this season? Fuck all.

Steven Gerrad has been awesome as per normal.
    Nando hasn't been as prolific this season, after he spent a while out injured.
    Maschenaro has been awesome for us, one of the best defensive midefielders in the world imo.
    Alonso found some form this season after it was speculated that he was off last summer.

Away from Liverpool, players like Essien, Anelka, Ronaldo, Rooney, Fletcher, have all had impressive seasons.

3. Msaeed

Msaeed Registered Member

As an Arsenal fan I will vote to Samir Nasri . ;) He has been a great transfer

4. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Nemanja Vidic gets my vote he had a fucking awesome season.

5. RTWmaniac

RTWmaniac Registered Member

Giggs is a great player and has had a tremendous career but his award was a joke, and an insult to players who actually deserved it. I'd be all in favor of a lifetime achievement award, but player of the season?!

To answer the question, as much as I hate to say it, I have to go with Ronaldo. He's just in his own class right now. Too bad he's about as unlikable as a human being could possibly be.

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, beats me. Giggs only had 13 starts, I think. But yeah, he deserved it as it's the only award he didn't win.

Yeah, you took my answer to the thread, Vidic this season proved himself to be the best defender in English Premier along with Ferninand.

7. philtastic1

philtastic1 New Member

Nasri has been very good, but Arshavin has been more impressive for Arsenal in my opinion.