General colds and coughs.

snowflake

Registered Member
I have a bad cold and a very chesty cough at the minute. Feeling rather ill. :cry:
Do you suffer with this often at all ?

What remedy's do you use and find that works.

I find sucking wine gums helps with the cough.
For a cold i'll have warm lemonade with two paracetomels. I've always thought this was the best remedy. Things like lemsips don't do anything. And cough medicine is just sugar.

Blueyes

Registered Member
for congestion nothing beats vicks raporub in my opinion and they have the cream verses the gel now adays.

I just ride out the colds, theres nothing to help that in my opinion.

snowflake

Registered Member
for congestion nothing beats vicks raporub in my opinion and they have the cream verses the gel now adays.

I just ride out the colds, theres nothing to help that in my opinion.
I never thought about vicks. I'll pop some of that one before i go to bed.

Thanks Bluey !

I just get on with what I'm doing and forget about it. I don't mind being ill at all (in terms of cough/cold) In fact, I have a chesty cough right now but if someone asked how I was doing, I wouldn't even think to mention it, and they seem to disappear pretty quick. [The coughs, not the people who ask :lol:]

So thats my remedy. A surprising amount of what we feel when we are ill is psychological. :)

Other than that - NIGHT NURSE! If its real bad.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
In terms of the cold, there's nothing you can actually do to remedy it. You're better off making sure you get enough rest and taking plenty of fluids.

For coughs, I just get on with it, maybe cough medicine every now and again.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I used to get this a lot, but not much anymore, when I do get it, I just go with it and it eventually goes away, only thing I really do is keep as warm as possible.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I have a really bad cough at the moment aswell, it dosnt seem to be going away easily either. I just take cough medicine and hope for the best. I dont really have any other ways of getting rid of them.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I never get colds. I really don't. If anything, I only get sick 1-2 times year tops and I haven't been sick in the last year so apparently I'm due. It pays to be a dirty little kid, my immune system is a fortress.

snowflake

Registered Member
I have a really bad cough at the moment aswell, it dosnt seem to be going away easily either. I just take cough medicine and hope for the best. I dont really have any other ways of getting rid of them.

I'd get it checked out with the doctor, It could be a chest infection.

I look like Rudolph today. I bought some tissues ... Lotus Vapour Realease. Olbas. They have burnt my nose and made it sore . :cry::cry:

joshrcay

Registered Member
I've had a cold for awhile now, and now I have a pretty nasty cough as well. It sucks, but I would much rather have a cold than the flu!