Gender diferences in action

Your partner & child are on sinking rafts .. you can only save one of them .. which d

• partner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • child

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Like it or not men & women think about things differently .. this poll is an example of this .. what do you think about this .. is it an illusion .. do we really think alike, its just we are programmed to think we think differently ? Do you find gender difference a good thing, something that makes life interesting & full ? What are your feelings on the gender gap ?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I chose the child, but I'm assuming I was supposed to chose the partner. I chose the child because I assume that she (my partner) would not want our child to die and neither would I. So while I would most definitely ache from seeing her die, I know that I still have part of her with me in our child.

I chose the child, but I'm assuming I was supposed to chose the partner. I chose the child because I assume that she (my partner) would not want our child to die and neither would I. So while I would most definitely ache from seeing her die, I know that I still have part of her with me in our child.
indeed .. its a nightmarish decision .. either way your broken .. I chose the partner .. because if it wasn't for how I felt about them .. the child would not even be .. to choose the child to me .. is like choosing to save a branch over the tree that the branch sprung from ..

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
indeed .. its a nightmarish decision .. either way your broken .. I chose the partner .. because if it wasn't for how I felt about them .. the child would not even be .. to choose the child to me .. is like choosing to save a branch over the tree that the branch sprung from ..
I think I also chose the child because I don't see many couples retain the integrity of their relationships after the loss of their offspring. So the way I see it, is that I either lose the child to death's cold grip and eventually lose my wife to grief and sorrow, or I lose my wife whom I love and cheris, and save my child who will remain a piece of me and her as long as he/she lives.

Also, how old of a child are we talking here? I think that's something else important to notice. I think many will assume that we're talking about a baby or infant. As horrible as it sounds, I think it would be much more difficult to tell a five year old that he must die because you want mommy to live. That's why I couldn't do it.

I think I also chose the child because I don't see many couples retain the integrity of their relationships after the loss of their offspring. So the way I see it, is that I either lose the child to death's cold grip and eventually lose my wife to grief and sorrow, or I lose my wife whom I love and cheris, and save my child who will remain a piece of me and her as long as he/she lives.

Also, how old of a child are we talking here? I think that's something else important to notice. I think many will assume that we're talking about a baby or infant. As horrible as it sounds, I think it would be much more difficult to tell a five year old that he must die because you want mommy to live. That's why I couldn't do it.
mm yes you are right .. specifying an age for the child would complicate things .. due to char restrictions on the poll & a need for simplicity I thought a the grass roots approach was best ..

Can you see how thinking of the child's welfare before the relationship can be destructive ? How many relationships fall apart because after children enter the equation the focus moves onto the child .. do you think its wise for people to stay together for the children ect ... Relationships that operate better with a child than without seem a little confused to me .. isn't a child the fruit of a healthy relationship rather than the glue that holds it together ?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
mm yes you are right .. specifying an age for the child would complicate things .. due to char restrictions on the poll & a need for simplicity I thought a the grass roots approach was best ..

Can you see how thinking of the child's welfare before the relationship can be destructive ? How many relationships fall apart because after children enter the equation the focus moves onto the child .. do you think its wise for people to stay together for the children ect ... Relationships that operate better with a child than without seem a little confused to me .. isn't a child the fruit of a healthy relationship rather than the glue that holds it together ?
I'm not suggesting it's the glue, but living with the person who made a child with you and having that child die can be painful to live with. I'm suggesting that the memory of the child would make the relationship painful.

I'm not suggesting it's the glue, but living with the person who made a child with you and having that child die can be painful to live with. I'm suggesting that the memory of the child would make the relationship painful.
O believe you are right .. the pain of such a loss would be extremely straining on those who loved the child .. to a point of not wanting to go on I can imagine .. its just I see an alternative way of seeing the scenario .. think partners new life with the child .. how could they ever look @ another .. knowing they were a party to the end of the one who gave them the child they hold .. how would the child take it ?

U

Undergod

i would chose the child because its got it whole life ahead. Plus the wife has a better chance to help herself, then the child.

Just out of interest .. any idea if any lady members have voted on the poll yet ? from the current results ( 3 | 3 ) one might be drawn to presume that men are compensating for women ..