Gender-based drinks.

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by WesJones87, Jan 17, 2009.

?

Do you think that drinks can be Gender-specific?

1. Yes

56.3%
  2. No

43.8%
  1. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

Recently, someone (no names mentioned, but you know who you are) has suggested that some of my favourite drinks are 'girly', like Pina Colada, Malibu and Coke, and Martini and Lemonade. I argued back that there is no such thing as either a girly or manly drink. It's a drink.

Long story short, we agrgued back and forth and it inspired me to make this thread. So:

Do you think that there ARE girly/manly drinks, or does it not really matter?
    If you think it DOES matter, could you provide an example of each?

I personally (obviously) DON'T think it matters. A drink is a drink at the end of the day.

2. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I agree that some are more feminine than others and vice versa, but I don't think that should stop you from ordering some

3. sophie05976

sophie05976 Registered Member

course there is well a drink is a drink but some are more based towards one gender than the other though u got to admit like a pint o beer a more manly drink and a spritzer more of a girly drink

4. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

I think some drinks are catagorised into male and female drinks. But i agree a drink is a drink at the end of the day. If you like the drink your going to drink it.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Unless specific drinks can do specific wonders for bewbs and zizi, I don't think I've ever classified it as being for either of the sexes. The presentation, and not the content, of some cocktails though (with umbrella and stuff) makes some look girly.

6. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

There are a few gender neutral drinks. But I do agree that some drinks are more "manly" and "feminine" then others.

Something like a Mai Tai, 7 and 7 or a Pina Colada are gender neutral. It's fruity drinks like Smirnoff Ice, or a strawberry daiquiri that I think are "girly". Are they good? Sure, but I wouldn't be caught dead drinking one at a party.

"Manly" drinks are things like beer, rum and cokes, whiskey etc... So yes, I think there are drinks based on gender.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    ysabel likes this.
  7. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

There are definitely drinks that have connotations of a certain gender but I've never seen anyone care. Girls drink beer, guys drink vodka and lemonade.

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

HEY! >:\

Yes, I think there are girly drinks out there; drinks such as a white wine spritzer. Just saying it sounds gay. When you go out you don't normally see a guy ordering fruity type of drinks. Usually, you see men order hard liquor, beer or a type of dark wine.

It's cool if a guy has those girly drinks, though. Just have them at home so nobody will start making suggestions about you behind your back. ;)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  9. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I look it this way, if that's what you like drinking who am I to make a comment about it? I sit there and drink whiskey all night long so what's that make me?

10. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yes when I think about some drinks, they sway either to a manly or girly drink.

I think that cocktails and wine are more girly drinks, and beer and bourbon are more manly drinks. Doesn't mean I think a guy is girly if he drinks cocktails and wine or a girl is manly if she drinks beer and bourbon.