Gemstones & Semi-Precious stones

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boredie, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

My favourite stone is the tiger-eye and these are its properties:
    I used to wear a necklace with the stone but it's been a very long time since I've carried it around with me. I'm thinking I should start doing so again.

Do you have a favourite stone?
    Do you carry it around with you?
    What're the properties of your stone?
    http://www.mrbead.com/MrBead/stonelist6.htm

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I have some diamonds but that's about it. Diamonds aren't on that list but I think everybody here knows what diamonds are.

I never thought about this before. I guess rubies or sapphires would be my favorite because they are colorful. I don't carry any jewelry at all around with me.

3. Abkhaz

Abkhaz Registered Member

I don't think I have a favorite stone. I like so many of them that it would be difficult to choose a favorite. I think Citrine or Mystic Fire Topaz would be my favorites

"Mystic fire topaz is a colorless topaz that is enhanced with a patented Azotic Coating producing a permanent and stable blue-green appearance with a rainbow of color accents. The Mystic fire topaz is similar to the rainbow topaz but is enhanced in a completely different manner. Mystic fire topaz is not found in nature."

"Citrine is a clear yellow form of quartz and is often confused with yellow topaz; citrine, however, is more abundant. Because of its abundance, there are plenty of fairly large, clear stones available for jewelry. Clarity and a rich yellow color are keys to look for in a citrine. It has some of the same characteristics as amethyst, such as alternating bands of lighter and darker color, but these bands are harder to see in citrine. Citrine often comes from Brazil. Citrine is a cheerful gem. Its powers are said to include making its wearer lighthearted, bringing cheerfulness in tough times and offering hope. It was also believed to help relax people and expel impurities from the body. People who wore citrine could expect to look healthy and feel happy."

I also like Aquamarine, Sapphire, Blue Topaz, Emerald, Opal, Amber, and many others.

I carry a lot of jewellery around with me. However I usually only wear sterling silver. The only bit of jewellery I own with stones in it is my ring; 10K White Gold with a Sapphire and 6 Diamonds. My parents paid just over $1000 for it from Zales.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

My mom and my mom in law love to give me jewelry with (semi)precious stones. I don't really buy them but they're nice to have. :lol: They said it's one of those things that don't depreciate. Best picks would be diamond, ruby, sapphire and emerald.

As for what I prefer (if I didn't have to choose because of the value), I like topaz because it's my birthstone. My college ring has this stone.

Property: Topaz is a common gemstone that has been used for centuries in jewelry. Usually golden brown to yellow color. The Egyptians said that topaz was colored with the golden glow of the mighty sun god Ra. This made topaz a very powerful amulet that protected the faithful against harm. The Romans associated topaz with Jupiter, who also is the god of the sun. And Greek legend has it that topaz could make the wearer invisible and would change color in the presence of poisoned food or drink. It is the birthstone of November.

Another one I like (and is cheaper in value) is Garnet. That stone has my favorite color. :lol:

[​IMG]

I try not to wear the expensive jewelry unless there's a special occasion. Anyway, beyond my wedding/engagement ring and a simple pendant necklace, I start to feel uncomfortable.

5. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

I love citrine. Just the colour. All firey and beautiful, as Satan once said.

[​IMG]

I dare say I'd eat one.