"Gee, I never heard THAT before!" *sarcastic tone*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Violet_Beauregard, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard Registered Member

Do you get any jokes or nicknames that you hear almost every time you introduce yourself?

If so, how annoying is it?

My real name is Juliet, so I get (yep, you guessed it) "Where's Romeo?" every other time I introduce myself. I used to hate that when I was little, but now I don't mind it so much. Hey, at least it's better than what I would've gotten if my user name was my real name, lol!

There's also Love Story by Taylor Swift and ever since we heard that stinkin' song, my dad and friends of our family sing "...And my daddy said stay away from Juliet!". It pisses me off sometimes, but other times it doesn't bother me. I can use it to my advantage too. When people are being noisy and barging into the room where I'm trying to study, I can always say "You know what Daddy said...now vamoose, I'm trying to study!" lol

2. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Well, my name is Danny, and so a lot of times i get 'oh danny booooooooy, the pipes are callin'", or something along that lines. It gets pretty old fast. Or people just assume that my name is short Daniel. That irks me, I always whip out my birth certificate just to show them that my birth name is Danny lol.

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Alexandra, Queen Alexandra, Arnie

You name it.

4. Violet_Beauregard

Wow, people can be idiots when it comes to that crap!

@Smelnick: I know where they get the "Danny Boy" thing. It's from a Celtic Thunder song.

@Aleks: Geeez, that has to suck! Queen Alexandra?! Alexandra?! You're a freakin' guy!

5. ExecutiveChefMatt

ExecutiveChefMatt Registered Member

My name is Matthew.

People call me IG which stands for Inspector Gadget, played by Matthew Broderick.

6. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

IRL not really, my name is fairly common in Holland, but when I go on the internet some people refer to me as 'Bart Simpson' :shake: It sucks.

7. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

With the last name Flavin, I am cursed with the nick name "Flava-Flave".

It is inevitable.

8. Violet_Beauregard

Nice! Have you ever gotten "Riboflavin" before? Sorry if that irritates you, I really meant no harm! Just curious...

9. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Yeah, it's usually the other way around though. People see riboflavin, and a look of acceptance or something comes up on their face, and they slowly look towards me.

I always nod with a serious look.

10. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I'm a blonde people feel obligated to tell their favourite dumb blonde jokes. Having heard most jokes people are chestfallen when I don't laugh.